Ladies what body type are you?

Options
and what exercises do you do for your body type? I believe I'm a pear ( very small shoulders/arms/breasts) and full hips and a big rear.

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass. I do the same exercises everyone else does. The idea that there are exercises specific to body types is silliness.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Hourglass here :) No special exercises lol I lift heavy.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    you two are lucky! I love my body but I wish I had the breasts to be an hourglass
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass. I do the same exercises everyone else does. The idea that there are exercises specific to body types is silliness.

^I agree
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I'm pear shape too. I do whatever exercises I want, or whatever my trainer has planned for me :smile: I lift heavy, do bodyweight exercises and cardio
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    Hour glass I believe. I definitely don't do anything special in terms of what type of body I have. Lift heavy, running and try to do hot yoga at least 3-4 times a week.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    Perhaps I've been reading to many fitness magazines if everyone says its silly to work out for a body type lol
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Hourglass is my body type. Used to hate it when I was younger...seemed to have to work harder than everyone else to keep the belly and waist trim...now I kinda like it!! I do all types of exercise...I love to run, yoga, bike, dance, and swim. I'm slowly getting back into yoga and incorporating some lifting after a rotor cuff injury.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I'd say I'm mix of a pear shape/hour glass.

Cardio: run
    Weights: heavy compound lifts
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear. I run.
  • rml_16
    Options
    you two are lucky! I love my body but I wish I had the breasts to be an hourglass
    You're welcome to them. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find shirts that aren't too revealing no matter how consevative they are to any other woman. And you can never not wear a bra in public.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    You're welcome to them. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find shirts that aren't too revealing no matter how consevative they are to any other woman. And you can never not wear a bra in public.

I have the opposite problem, my breasts are so small that I cant wear tight shirts or low cut shirts, there isn't anything to show!:laugh:
  • rml_16
    Options

I have the opposite problem, my breasts are so small that I cant wear tight shirts or low cut shirts, there isn't anything to show!:laugh:
    But you can still wear those shirts.

I was in love with those handkerchief tops in the early 2000s -- the ones that tied around th ebreasts and were open in the back. Natalie of the Dixie Chicks wore one in the Goodbye, Earl video.

Anyway, no way to wear even any kind of strapless with them, so no go.
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I used to be an apple: 209 lbs and 5'8" -- did some sort of exercise everyday -- yoga, strength training, zumba, crossfit, horseback riding, tennis, etc. Lots and lots of walking, by wearing a pedometer each day and racking up at least an hour of "active steps."

Now I'm a stick: 150 lbs, and I do everything I've been doing for the last to years because I love it, and it keeps me fit.

The most important trick to fitness is to do things you love and can maintain as part of a healthy lifestyle.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I come in the "f*cking fabulous" body type.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm slim all over but have a big fat belly. I have to suck it in when I'm out and about :(
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

The grass is always greener.

Just focus on making your body the strongest, fittest, happiest version it can be.
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Brick ****house. Wide shoulders, big butt, stocky legs, tiny waist.

Right now, I do zumba, the elliptical, walk, turbo kick, and handweights/crunches/planking/exercise ball.

I've been known to also swim, bike, rollerblade, cross country ski, kayak, go sledding with my kids, play soccer/basketball/tag/whatever game they make up with my kids
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I was hourglass but now that I have lost weight everywhere but my stomach I am an apple. I do T25 right now, not because of my shape but because I like it!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    neanderthal

(short, huge rib cage, broad shoulders, short limbs, short forearms/shins, muscular and naturally strong, don't feel the cold, etc)

............well at least they're a kind of human, not fruit or household objects!!

in terms of fruit etc body types then I'm a fake hourglass because my measurements say hourglass but as my mahoosive rib cage inflates my bust measurement, I can't dress like an hourglass. I look better following "inverted triangle" advice, i.e. it avoids the whole neanderthal dressed in modern clothing look.

exercise: lifting heavy things and putting them down again. being short = mechanical advantage.