gain 5 and lose 5lbs, 2013 YEAR!

Options
This year, my story of gain 5lbs and lose 5 lbs for a 41 yo, 5’1” fairly active and overall good diet. I typically eat minimal processed foods with occasional treats on the weekend; no treats after Thanksgiving. During the summer, I was down to 102 lbs for a 5 , 41 yo with some exercise, including ballet beautiful, walking, Pilates and barre method. In three weeks, I was back at 105…ARARGGG:sad:

UGW: 100 :flowerforyou:

Currently, I am not weighing my food but measuring overall. I am fairly frustrated with myself with weight fluctuations over 3 lbs.
I have had a total of 4 baker’s cyst and as a result and stop all forms of exercise for the last 3 months. I have try eating from 500 fasts days to 1400 calories on a weekly basis. Overall, I have met my 3500 calorie deficit for the last month. TDEE 1350 due sedentary. I am eating mainly veggies, fruits, protein and dairy consists of eggs only. Staying away from sugar, dairy, alcohol, and processed foods with high sodium and sugar.

How long does it take for someone as small as me realistic to lose 2 lbs in a month? Need others with same experience like myself. :blushing:

thank you in advance

Replies

• SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    A facepalm (sometimes also face-palm or face palm) is the physical gesture of placing one's hand flat across one's face or lowering one's face into one's hand or hands. The gesture is found in many cultures as a display of frustration, disappointment, embarrassment,[1] shock, surprise or sarcasm.[2]
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I'm not even sure what to say here. You're at the very bottom of a healthy weight per BMI (which is 100-131 pounds at 5'1",) and you're complaining that you aren't losing weight? That screams health problem to me. This is why people generally need to ignore the scale.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    A facepalm (sometimes also face-palm or face palm) is the physical gesture of placing one's hand flat across one's face or lowering one's face into one's hand or hands. The gesture is found in many cultures as a display of frustration, disappointment, embarrassment,[1] shock, surprise or sarcasm.[2]

Generally, I'm not a fan of posts like the one I just quoted, but in this case it seems to be the most fitting answer.
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Dont get caught up on weight, if that picture is of you..well you look amazing..Why do you feel your UGW should be 100? Are you looking to "tone up" which is essentially building muscle to have a hard sleek body? Should that be the case, which i think a lot of already thin people want, you need to lift weights, and ur going to weigh more, but be smaller

http://transformfxfitness.com/2012/12/fat-vs-muscle/

check out the girl with pink underwear...she weighs more, but looks smaller
  • chelazar88
    Options
    Looked at ur pic closer and you already have muscle definition...remember the human body needs some fat. you already seem to be eating great and get plenty of exercise...Everyone fluctuates..ur never going to be 100lbs every day of the week
  • terrellthaxton
    terrellthaxton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dont get caught up on weight, if that picture is of you..well you look amazing..Why do you feel your UGW should be 100? Are you looking to "tone up" which is essentially building muscle to have a hard sleek body? Should that be the case, which i think a lot of already thin people want, you need to lift weights, and ur going to weigh more, but be smaller

http://transformfxfitness.com/2012/12/fat-vs-muscle/

check out the girl with pink underwear...she weighs more, but looks smaller

I hate pictures like those. In the before, she is clearly completely relaxed and slightly hunched. In the after, she is standing a little straighter with shoulders higher, has a sports bra that makes the chest look perkier, and is clearly flexing her abs. I am not arguing the point that muscle is more dense and that the number on the scale is not the only measurement, only that pictures like that are so misleading.
  • chelazar88
    Options
    I agree to a certain stand point that pic 2 could be a stand tall flex pic, but also her *kitten* looks was more defined..more so i use it for a guide for skinny fat girls to understand that you might weigh more, but the muscles act as a corset so you'll look thinner. Or for girls to understand that tone up means gain muscle