Ladies what body type are you?

Options

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I'm an inverted triangle, but that doesn't mean I have small hips, lol. I just have very broad shoulders. My ribs and hips are the same width beneath that, and they are both big measurements, too. I'm 'stocky' for my height, and it can look more athletic than I really am.

I don't do anything differently because of my body shape. In fact, I'm trying to get my delts bigger, which sounds odd with broad shoulders, but my delts look a bit silly being so small on such a broad hanger. My biceps are also much bigger, and I think that looks unbalanced, or at least not what I like as much.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure what I am. :/ I do know, I'm a lady!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I don't have saddlebags, I have sidecars, that's how broad in the beam I am.

I lift big rocks. Sometimes I run and do yoga. But mostly, heavy stuff.

And yes, if the number of fashion mags you're reading is a natural number, you are reading too many. :drinker:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    LMAO- so you are telling me you're a Urail?? (Urial?) spelling. LMAO- that's hysterical.

I read some of the magazines- I'm a make up junkie and I like the design inspiration for my costumes and stuff- so I don't mind- but I don't take any of their work out stuff seriously. it's just pathetic.

join the "f*cking fabulous" club.

easier than trying to find a label to fit your body. :D
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Little Britain! Little Britain!

"I'm a lady."

Bwahahahahaha!
  • ShannonTodd
    ShannonTodd Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm an hourglass. My fitness routine includes running and yoga, and some strength training. (I want to improve my running so I go for low weights and high reps.)
    I don't think there are any exercises out there specifically for a particular body type.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

"I'm a lady."

Bwahahahahaha!

me too, a lady, doing ladies things

emily_florence.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

"I'm a lady."

Bwahahahahaha!

emily_florence.jpg
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope she didn't take that as rude. I just can't hear someone say that and not think of those guys.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    you two are lucky! I love my body but I wish I had the breasts to be an hourglass
    You're welcome to them. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find shirts that aren't too revealing no matter how consevative they are to any other woman. And you can never not wear a bra in public.

Yes!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    hourglass and I just eat decent and lift weights and put them back down.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I'm round. Round is a shape.

And I lift. And run. And do yoga. And bellydance.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    well thats depressing.. lol..im a banana or "straight" lol (just looked online as I had never really thought about it)

yup.. I just lift heavy stuff ;) really heavy stuff..
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I come in the "f*cking fabulous" body type.

This about sums it up.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I come in the "f*cking fabulous" body type.

I'm going with this answer, too. My husband says my body type is sexy. ( does that word need * in place of the 'e'.)

My second choice would be 'starfruit'

Exercise? Biking, gardening, walking, never running, lifting weights, calenthetics , drum-beating, stocking shelves at the grocery store, knitting, being forgetful(& going up and down the stairs in my house 10 times every hour trying to remember what I was going up/down for)
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    LMAO- so you are telling me you're a Urail?? (Urial?) spelling. LMAO- that's hysterical.
    v0_master.jpg
    And Neandermagnon beat me to the punch with the "I'm a laydeeee... I do laydeeee things!":laugh:
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

"I'm a lady."

Bwahahahahaha!

emily_florence.jpg
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hope she didn't take that as rude. I just can't hear someone say that and not think of those guys.

LOL! I was actually hearing the kitten from Aristocats as I typed it but that's great xD
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    5'11", hourglass, average torso, long arms, 34" inseam, small frame. I don't want to change a thing about my body outside of the excess fat I'm carrying.

I don't exercise for my body type because despite what Tracy Anderson says, it's not necessary. I do what I will be consistent with and what gives me the results I'm looking for. I do a mixture of cardio, circuits, and resistance routines using bodyweight, weights, and/or bands. I've tried other types of workouts, but they just didn't fly.

Outside of structured exercise, I don't own a vehicle and get in a lot of walking as I walk or transit everywhere. Also, I'm single and though my mom lives with me, she is disabled. Anything that needs lifting or carrying falls to me. I call it organic strength training. :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    don't exercise for my body type because despite what Tracy Anderson says, it's not necessary.
    probably a good thing- Tracy Anderson is an idiot.

And Neandermagnon beat me to the punch with the "I'm a laydeeee... I do laydeeee things!":laugh:

nope- I spelled it wrong on both accounts.

ural
    www.ural.com

side car. I was amused.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    A BMW..... burly mountain woman.

But seriously, I guess you can say, I am an hourglass shape... when I'm in shape... but that's stretching it because I'm shortwaisted...
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Hourglass. I lift heavy, full body, 3x a week. I naturally have a balanced musculature so I design my workouts to keep it that way.

If you are a pear, you could consider emphasizing upper back/lat exercises to broaden out your topside to balance your bottom. Or just do full body and embrace the pear (a desirable shape according to many men and women lol).