What are you self-conscious about?

Options

Replies

• OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i hate my FUPA. (fat upper p*ssy area) i just want it to go away. its very unsightly.

hey i learned a new word today!
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My skinny ankles I hate them...I wish they were fatter...I am serious by the way! :o))

trade you!

Seriously....having Cankles is no fun....that grass is definitely not greener.....
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Just arms for me. The rest of my body is what it is, but I find my arms disgusting. I never ever ever wear short sleeves/sleeveless shirts in public (and I usually don't around the house, either). I'll probably end up getting a brachioplasty done once I meet my goals and tone a bit if they don't shrink down enough, and they probably won't since all of the ladies on my dad's side have fat arms too.
  • mdakin65
    mdakin65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My muffin top, Just tried on a pair of jeans, a little too tight, and out it popped, ugh, so ugly
  • Krystal7786
    Krystal7786 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    agreed!!! never heard of an excer for that either
  • Krystal7786
    Krystal7786 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    agreed belly !! it the first to gain weight back :(
  • skinnybythanksgiving
    Options
    Nada. Zilch.:happy:
  • TheJhazminShow
    Options
    Everything. :P Hah.

My arm fat above my elbow creases that hangs down. :( My gross double roll belly.

Not fitting in booths in restaurants, or the constant worry I am going to break a chair I sit in like in Shallow Hal. It's never happened but every time I sit down I am convinced that THIS time will be the time. >.<
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    arms and legs. Especially now that I've lost this much weight. Bat wings and bat 'knees'
    Looking forward to reaching goal so I can take care of those.

Agreed. 100%
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    From my knees to my neck- self concious. My psyche needs work too I guess. I'm really hard on myself and haven't learned that guilt should not be associated with weight loss or food in general.
  • yolokindagirl
    yolokindagirl Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    *kitten* and stomach
  • FirecrackerJess
    FirecrackerJess Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Everything.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Thighs and lower belly
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Love handles. I have slim hips but MASSIVE love handles/saddle bags and it just gives me the most weird shape. Finding jeans to fit is a nightmare
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    my belly and back fat
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    My breasts and stomach
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My belly. Since having 2 kids in 2 years, I still look pregnant :-(
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My arms.

Everthing else is coming along....but damn it my "wings" are taking their time flying away......
  • blondepaparazzi
    blondepaparazzi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Reading some of these posts at first made me start listing inside my head all the things I didn't like about myself and then by the end it had already hit me. Some of you want plastic surgery! When I was around twenty years old (almost eight years ago) I was dead set on plastic surgery. For my face, my body, and my breasts, and I actually had a breast reduction done which I now regret. I won't ever choose plastic surgery again because it altered my body in a way that wasn't intended for me. I can change myself naturally by working out and eating right, I didn't have to get liposuction and damage my body, I could change my body myself in a natural way but there are some exceptions things that had to be done like braces. But really, truly I have learned that I am beautiful. Just. The. Way. I. Am. I don't need to looked like those stupid photoshop models and celebrities. I like my features! I may not like the weight but I can change that and I am! Very determined. My 30 day login is coming up!

You know what, lately I've been giving myself a lot of good pep talk and I like that a lot! But I'll tell you what I'm self-conscious about. I have a very, very rare disorder called Pachyonychia Congenita (PC) with a little over a thousand registered patients in the WORLD. There are eight people in my state here in the USA that have it, and five of them are daughters and grandson to my dad including me and him. But even rarer is a mutation that we have related to PC called Steatocystoma Multiplex, or SM, and I have a fairly difficult case of that. Basically, the PC part of me makes the soles of my feet blister very quickly, and my nails are thickened. The SM side is what makes me self-conscious though. I get cysts and boils on my skin, usually in places that are clothed, but can show up anywhere really. Everything my dermatologist has tried doesn't work.

But my father and I have found an organization called PC Project at www.pachyonychia.org. We have been working with them and they have made great advances with the cause both medically and in support and community of those affected. My family and I along with some friends held a car wash here in my city and we received many generous donations towards our cause!

Please please please go to the website and read about this very rare disorder! If you have it in your heart and wallet, please donate anything you can! I don't want my children to have to deal with self-consciousness in the worst way. I want them to be able to run and hike and live without physical limitations! Thank you for reading this!