Looking for filling/low cal snack ideas

Options
Hi...I'm always looking for new ideas. What are your go to snacks that keep you full and satisfied?

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My personal favorite is a steak wrapped in bacon and topped with a fried egg.
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have a couple standard go-to's on the snacks: 100 calorie packs of almonds and walnuts (Emerald makes a bunch of different varieties), vegetables, 1-2 tbsp. almond butter, 4 oz plain Greek Yogurt (Fage is my favorite)
  • avenleah
    Options
    I love freezing non-fat yogurt like Yoplait and eating it like ice-cream. It`s a pretty old trick but it takes up a lot of time, which really helps when you are just wanting to munch away.
  • traut101202
    traut101202 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll have to try freezing yogurt, thanks!
  • GrammyNanner
    GrammyNanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Amy, nuts, apples, frozen grapes, frozen Greek yogurt bars-things that take time to chew or eat. Also drinking water, coffee or tea.
  • lizwebb55
    Options
    I get bored with the same foods and the same snacks all the time, and like to find things that are as versatile as possible. I eat a lot of 100 calories snacks. I like them especially b/c they come in either salty or sweet varieties. I also like 4 oz. unsweetened applesauce cups, again b/c I can eat them as they are or add Splenda/cinnamon. I like jello and pudding, both in the lowest calorie/lowest far versions available,and the pudding made with skim milk. And a favorite for me for years is fat-free cottage cheese and a 4 oz. cup of diced peaches. Cottage cheese is high-protein as well, so if you are ever running short on protein it will help you out. Lately I have been eating "Cutie" oranges. They are very small, but are only 37 calories! Lots of Vitamin C in them too. Sugar free Popsicles are great too. I buy variety packs that have several different flavors.
  • focuseddiva
    focuseddiva Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, broccoli) with Walden Farms calorie-free dressing
    Sugar-free jello -- 20 cals in one box
    Shiritake noodles -- 40 calories for a big portion. I add a touch of marinara and pretend it's spaghetti
    Cucumbers sliced up and dipped in salsa