betty crocker scalloped potatoes

Options
can someone tell me why various cheese powder base foods have barely any fat in them??? i find it hard to believe cheese powder is low in fat... i have a box of country cheddar scalloped potatoes and there listing barely any fat dry or prepared... how is that? same with mac and cheese... and i doubt all the fat comes from butter or milk only if you add it because that cheese powder has to be full of fat.. anyone know

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It's probably some frankenfood but it really doesn't matter. Fat doesn't make you fat so no need to worry.
  • iballin
    Options
    never said fat made you fat... excess calories , or going over your macros make you gain fat.. and i still like to know because i count macros , going unlimited fat per day is retarded.. why is it everytime someone asks about fat content in something people assume the person is scared of fat.. perhaps they count macros rofl
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    Because it's probably not 100% cheese?

Also what sort of milk are you using when you make it and what is the serving size?
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    That's how they make it a powder -- they remove the fat. Most sources of fat are oily and can go rancid stored poorly so it just makes sense to remove it. Which is good because when you make it at home you add milk and/or butter that works for you. That's good because you get to choose the type and really the amount you want to put back in. Like, if I make the scalloped potatoes, I don't typically add all of the milk and I don't use whole because I don't like a lot of liquid in mine. And instead of using regular ol' butter, I like the butter blend better that has some salt because without it, the potatoes tend to taste weird to me. LOL Anyways, I don't mind it since that way I control the type and amount of fat. :bigsmile:
  • iballin
    Options
    thank you, to the posted above you also, i haven't made it yet. but i feel like making some with skim milk and maybe scrape the butter then it'll be a decent bodybuilding carb meal , yum, loved scalloped potatoes growing up heh thanks guys