i want to quit!!!

Options

Replies

• danishellish
    danishellish Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Your having a tough time. I feel for you. Ive been there myself and still am, your already miles ahead of me you lucky thing. So my advice, readjust your attitude and change some little things and im sure ul get back on track :)
  • teaparty75
    Options
    it just i see all the reports and here "i lost x pounds and x inches in week 1" then "x more on week 2" and it just pisses me off. PLUS i dont see anyone who actually needed to loose weight anyway whos doing this. i know that comment will offend people but its true. i have 30 pounds to lose before im even at the top of normal range and its stuck on me and it feels like its not going anywhere. the whole "weight is just a number" is plain BS! (in my opinoin) i think im going to stop logging my excersize and see where that takes me. as for my setting its not on sedentary because i stand all day at work and i do heavy lifting at times. i work at save a lot and that actually can make you sweat. plus if i set my activity to sedentary i will only have 1200 calories to work with and i know me, i will NOT care at all about anyone or anything or how i treat people because i will always be hungry. so that wont work. i know this all sounds like an excuse but im venting mostly and theres a reason i posted this under "help and support" so yeah... just throwing that out there before i start getting rude comments. its bound to happen. yes im paranoid.

OMG thank u for saying what i've been thinking !! it seems so easy for people other than me !! i get up at 5am head to the gym and put in WORK - try to be accurate about what i'm eating (i really should get a food scale tho) and the scale is NOT MOVING like i want it to - its hard to not get discouraged when all you are looking to is the scale for conformation - we have to start counting the small victories because they will add up to big success in the long run (they'd better !!)....try not to focus on "how long its taking" , try to enjoy the workouts more so that you stay consistent ....give it some time and you will definitely start to see a difference regardless of what the scale says !! case in point : this morning , i actually gave myself a double take in the mirror - i could see with my own eyes how my body is looking real good EVEN THOUGH the scale hasn't budged !!

edited to add: it shouldnt be this EFFING hard!!!!
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options

im averaging 1500 a day when i work out. my calories are set to 1 pound a week at 1460 calories. i dont have a food scale but i watch my portions and i use measuring cups and i use the scanner option on my phone a lot when i log my food. whatever the lable says, thats what i log. (factoring in how much of whatever it is im eating)

Watch this video.... you're eating way more than you think you are, probably....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY

while that is interesting and somethng to consider BUT i dont measure by grams as i dont have a food scale. i measure by cups and tablespoons etc. i dont even look at grams. if a serving size is 1 tablespoon, i measure one tablespoon... but thanks for the info

That's the problem right there!!!!! Measuring cups and spoons can be weigh off!!

:huh:

Peanut butter is 2 tablespoons. If you weigh it by grams it's not 2 tablespoons which means you could be eating more than 100 calories more than you think, if you eat peanut butter every day for 5 days that could be extra 500 calories more than you think you are eating, which mean no weight loss.

ETA: Watch the youtube video!!

i did watch the video. what im saying is that tablespoons and grams are two different ways to measure and you cant stick them both in the same equation and get a correct answer. like inches/centemeters. feet/inches. miles/kilometers. it doesn't work.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    it just i see all the reports and here "i lost x pounds and x inches in week 1" then "x more on week 2" and it just pisses me off. PLUS i dont see anyone who actually needed to loose weight anyway whos doing this. i know that comment will offend people but its true. i have 30 pounds to lose before im even at the top of normal range and its stuck on me and it feels like its not going anywhere. the whole "weight is just a number" is plain BS! (in my opinoin) i think im going to stop logging my excersize and see where that takes me. as for my setting its not on sedentary because i stand all day at work and i do heavy lifting at times. i work at save a lot and that actually can make you sweat. plus if i set my activity to sedentary i will only have 1200 calories to work with and i know me, i will NOT care at all about anyone or anything or how i treat people because i will always be hungry. so that wont work. i know this all sounds like an excuse but im venting mostly and theres a reason i posted this under "help and support" so yeah... just throwing that out there before i start getting rude comments. its bound to happen. yes im paranoid.

edited to add: it shouldnt be this EFFING hard!!!!

The grass is always greener on the other side as its fertilize with bullsh!t. Don't believe everything you read.

It is hard, but it will also me one of the most rewarding things you've ever done. You need to earn it.
  • mama2redhead
    mama2redhead Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateau and bought a 11 dollar food scale on amazon a couple of weeks ago. All I can say is wow. I didn't expect to see such a difference! And today, after no real change for two weeks, the scale says I dropped 2.5 pounds.

Sometimes what we want to hear and what we need to hear are not the same.

I too track sedentary and add my activity. It motivates me to work out so I can eat back calories. I have also taken a hard look at how many calories I am actually burning at a given activity. Heart rate monitors aren't helpful for all types of activity (like yoga or weight lifting) but is great for cardio. I have a heart rate monitor on my Christmas list this year.

I have also found that my weight is very cyclical with my cycle. There are posts on here about that if you want to search it. For me, comparing weight from 1 month ago is more helpful to me than the weekly changes. Also, I found that taking measurements was helpful as I tend to remeasure when I feel like I am working hard, but not seeing it reflected on the scale. Every time, retaking my measurements has improved my mood.

My last advice is to limit processed food. I find I feel full quicker and am less likely to over eat when I eat real food. I am not a total convert, but more of a work in progress on this.

You have been given lots of great advice on here. Take what you can use today, and maybe review this post in a week or two and see what feels right to add then.

None of us did it overnight, but lots of us have some experience and success under our belts, and we only want to help others achieve the same.

Good luck on your journey!
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options

im averaging 1500 a day when i work out. my calories are set to 1 pound a week at 1460 calories. i dont have a food scale but i watch my portions and i use measuring cups and i use the scanner option on my phone a lot when i log my food. whatever the lable says, thats what i log. (factoring in how much of whatever it is im eating)

Watch this video.... you're eating way more than you think you are, probably....

while that is interesting and somethng to consider BUT i dont measure by grams as i dont have a food scale. i measure by cups and tablespoons etc. i dont even look at grams. if a serving size is 1 tablespoon, i measure one tablespoon... but thanks for the info

That's the problem right there!!!!! Measuring cups and spoons can be weigh off!!

LOL. If you're just using spoons and cups, you're not eating the proper serving size --- very likely. You need to look at the serving size on the box and it will also be in either Oz or Grams, which is the proper serving size. You need a food scale to measure out the appropriate Grams and Oz --- if you rely on cups and spoons, you're OVERMEASURING.

↑THIS!!!!!! I wish I could take my scale to family members houses. Never eyeball or measure with cups/spoons again!!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Peanut butter is 2 tablespoons. If you weigh it by grams it's not 2 tablespoons which means you could be eating more than 100 calories more than you think, if you eat peanut butter every day for 5 days that could be extra 500 calories more than you think you are eating, which mean no weight loss.

ETA: Watch the youtube video!!

i did watch the video. what im saying is that tablespoons and grams are two different ways to measure and you cant stick them both in the same equation and get a correct answer. like inches/centemeters. feet/inches. miles/kilometers. it doesn't work.

I have lost 100 pounds and have been at this almost 2 years. I guess I don't know much, lol. :ohwell:

Good luck OP, I'm done here. :flowerforyou:
  • subsonicbassist
    subsonicbassist Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I hear ya sister, I did 3 COMPLETE rounds of Insanity (missed 4 workouts due to vacation, so I redid the previous week again and exercised just as hard on vacation) and lost... a whopping 9 pounds!!!! This was eating at a 1000 calorie deficit and noticing considerable strength loss (bodyweight exercises got easier, however strength during lifting was lost). It got me really excited about working out and built my discipline, but that's about it. Just don't believe the hype, most of those people are not eating enough calories and lose tons of weight. I lost 70 pounds in 3 months doing an MLM shake product, and while it was quite good quality stuff, I only lost because I was in an EXTREME CALORIC DEFICIT. I am 6'8" and maintenance at 285 pounds for me is about 3600 cals a day, when I was 364 it was closer to 5k... I was eating probably 1500-1800 a day so I dropped a ton and then stopped haha! Just remember that everything will take time and normal results are nowhere near that of what they show on tv, but the best things you can do is continue to accurately log everything and calculate your TDEE. Then just drop it a bit, maybe 300-500 cals a day, and stay motivated :)
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and quit.

OR find a sustainable healthy lifestyle that you can do FOREVER where quitting isn't an option and you love what you eat and what you are doing. Sound impossible? No. That's exactly what I am doing. There is no end date. I eat my healthy food, I get some exercise and I feel better than any time in my life ever. I'm ALIVE, I'm healthy and even better, my child is healthy and learning to eat healthy food so that she won't suffer illness and obesity her entire life either. Who would quit that?
  • deetee6718
    deetee6718 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    No one ever said it would be easy BUT it WILL be worth it! Hang in there, don't compare your results to others. I'm only telling you this because I have to tell myself the same thing everyday. My changes have been very slight and subtle but I refuse to walk away. This is one battle that I will win and so will you, trust yourself and believe!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

I have lost 100 pounds and have been at this almost 2 years. I guess I don't know much, lol. :ohwell:

It's so silly.... most of these posts recommend a food scale as a possible culprit as to why she's showing no loss, but she's not interested in hearing what successful people have to say.

Hope you find the answers you're looking for OP.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Dont quit, im also at a two week stand still after a 18lb loss, I feel the SAAAME way girl! Last night talking to my boyfriend, he said "you arent at a healthy bmi yet, i pulled up the site and showed him, 24.9, he said "well barely under" i wanted to cryyyyy, hide under a rock, never eat again, never try agian, just GIVE UP! Tomorrows a new day, keep at it, when you gain muscle you dont see the fat loss. I had a teeeny tiny friend in high school, every time softball season came around, she went up two pant sizes, from MUSCLE, accept YOU for you and try to just get better, for you. I struggle with it as well, but the way i look at it, im never going to be perfect. You dont want to live life with self hatred because you want something you dont have, love what you got, work it, make it better.

^seriously, go get your unhealthy relationship with food addressed before advising others. You had a rapid weight loss caused by undereating and now you are posting about a 2 week stall when you have hardly and weight left to lose.....And dump a guy who doesn't know what a healthy woman looks like. Next you'll be recommending that the OP eat 1000 cals? Sorry to be "mean" but seriously.....
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    incorrect. many packages will give you both "measuring cup" size as well as grams or ounces right? so, common sense does say they should be the same amount of calories, I know, BUT, if you measure out that amount, and then weigh it...a lot of the time it's not the same. It should be, but it's not. There are many many very successful people on this site who will tell you that sometimes, the difference between measuring and weighing is the difference between losing weight... and not.
  • Skinnydesirs
    Options
    to see the changes it takes:
    4 weeks for you to notice
    8 weeks for friends and family
    and...
    12 WEEKS for the rest of the world (everyone else)!!!!!
    keep going and good luck.
  • jbug5j
    Options
    i would like to thank everyone for their comments. some more criticizing than others but still thank you. its been food for thought.

i would also like to add that im not stupid and i know there is no end date. so please stop telling me that. i am also aware that it dosent happen overnight and that a food scale and a heart rate monitor would help wonders. the last two things require money and i dont have it so im working with what i have. what i was and still am discouraged about is that it isnt easier and its becoming a burden. i deal with the same things as everyone else and its harder for me than most. no im not making it harder. it just is. i was venting and asking for what a lot of you gave. support. positive comments. not to be judged and given advice that i already knew (not that any of you can read minds but still. its basics. im not going into this blind) its just HARD! its hard and it shouldnt be and that sucks. im not being difficult to please, im not looking for a miracle answer. i appreciate all of you taking time to comment here. thank you.
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have 75 lbs to lose. Everyone has to start somewhere. Take your measurements for sure. It boosts my self esteem when I lose inches in my waist, arms, etc...
  • bambishealth
    bambishealth Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Mine always feels the opposite. I think my friends and others notice before I ever do.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    i would like to thank everyone for their comments. some more criticizing than others but still thank you. its been food for thought.

i would also like to add that im not stupid and i know there is no end date. so please stop telling me that. i am also aware that it dosent happen overnight and that a food scale and a heart rate monitor would help wonders. the last two things require money and i dont have it so im working with what i have. what i was and still am discouraged about is that it isnt easier and its becoming a burden. i deal with the same things as everyone else and its harder for me than most. no im not making it harder. it just is. i was venting and asking for what a lot of you gave. support. positive comments. not to be judged and given advice that i already knew (not that any of you can read minds but still. its basics. im not going into this blind) its just HARD! its hard and it shouldnt be and that sucks. im not being difficult to please, im not looking for a miracle answer. i appreciate all of you taking time to comment here. thank you.

I'm sorry that the community (and myself) didn't tell you only what you wanted to hear, but also told you what you needed to hear.

Have a nice evening and good luck in your weight loss journey.
  • Skinnydesirs
    Options
    just remember that you can do it! good luck.
  • jbug5j
    Options

It's so silly.... most of these posts recommend a food scale as a possible culprit as to why she's showing no loss, but she's not interested in hearing what successful people have to say.

Hope you find the answers you're looking for OP.

i wasnt looking for answers. just support. im not silly and i never said anyone didnt know what they were talking about. the video just didnt make sense to me. i am VERY away that a food scale would help but i cant afford one so that isnt an option. good on you for loosing 100 pounds.