And what do you like about your body?

Options
Yes, just to balance the other post that we are so good at answering! (what we don`t like about ourselves) :-)

I like the roundness of my bum, the fact that even overweight my wrist, hands, ankles and feet are still delicate, I like my facial traits. I like my curly hairs, it`s different.

Replies

• chasethesky125
    Options
    I agree with the wrist thing! I love my eyes ...and i definitely love my chest lol, I'll be kinda sad to see it go when I lose all of this excess body fat!

And I love the idea of this post:love:
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    it is getting smaller :smile:
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I like that I'm proportionate, that I can carry my weight well. I love my (though shrinking) chest :bigsmile: . I also like my eyes and my hair :)
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    My hourglass figure. It's a bit between hourglass and pear now that I'm heavier, but when I'm at a healthy weight, I love to look at my curves in the mirror. I have nice hips, a fantastic butt and a decent enough chest. But I REALLY like to see the contour of my waist/hips.
    <<
    WEIRDO.
  • nmiller0813
    Options
    I love my shape in clothes. I am in between an hourglass and pear and as I lose weight... it is really coming into view. I have a big ole booty...and like the others, my hands, wristts, face and ankles are still lady like and delicate, despite my being obese. I LOVE my eyes (hazel) and the gap in my teeth.
  • grneyedgoddess77
    grneyedgoddess77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love that I'm an hourglass figure - no matter what weight. I love my bum and boobs. I love my green eyes. I love how strong I am. I also love how flexible I am.

Thank you for this thread! :)
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I love my back and the curves I'm starting to get. What a great positive post :)
  • GadgetGuy2
    GadgetGuy2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I answered the "What are you self-conscious about" question with: nothing.....because I don't worry about other's opinions. Self conscious implies you are uncomfortable with societal norms, to which you don't comply.

What do I like? Sorta' have the same reaction: everything is fine. (except lactose intolerance, which lactase pills solve)

As I kept thinking.......including the "What are you self-conscious about" post from the woman with genetic issues, I realized I want to respond about the "health" of my body, not whether it meets societal norms for its physical appearance.

I am grateful that I don't have any real inheritable issues (except alcoholism).
    I am grateful that I have got my weight under control (MFP has helped here).
    I am grateful that I have got my diet under control (i.e. healthy eating should save me medical expenses in latter life).
    I am grateful that my wife finds me attractive ('nuff said)
    I am grateful that my body rewards me for taking control of diet and weight (food tastes great, more stamina and enjoyment diving (both in the ocean and in the bedroom)).
    I am grateful that my blood tests are all in the normal range now.

Well....hopefully you see the pattern. Life "feels" better, when you are healthy (including the right weight range).
  • manny1991
    manny1991 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love my strong muscular legs, and my collarbone :-)
  • kneega
    kneega Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I like my penis
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    <
    today it was that. But I like my legs too because they're strong.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I find new things to like from time to time. I never liked my legs too much, because I always felt they were too thin in the calf department. Suddenly, that has changed. I have grown an inch there, and my knees are thinner because of body fat lost. So I'm liking my legs. :bigsmile:
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I love that I no longer feel like a prisoner within my body. It has become a tool that I use to become even more badass.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I like my biceps and forearms. Not massive, but I think they are right for my frame. Good thread!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I like that my body is sleek with curves, compact, graceful. I like my big green eyes.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I love my cheekbones . . . wasn't sure I would ever see them again :smile:
  • romanaXOX
    romanaXOX Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    this is a wonderful idea!!

I love my eyes - they are filled with love and sarasm haha
  • insanecatlady
    insanecatlady Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love my skin, it's so dewy with nice complexion! my hair too, jet black, straight, and shiny.

thanks to years of running, my legs are great too, even though they aren't very long. I also love how my body has this metabolism where easy strength training easily translates to muscle definition, which is also super nice.

I got things I dislike about my body too, but that's for another thread.
  • maostrom
    maostrom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like where I carry my weight and I like my shape! I'm glad that right now I'm not sick and all my important organs are working :D
  • blueberrybelle21
    Options
    Not to sound really really really vain, but I like my skin. It's quite soft and smooth and although I freckle and burn really easily, I have never had a pimple in my life.