How many meals a day do you eat?

Options

Replies

• Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    3 meals + fruits in between (1 fruit per snack) and something else if I have calories left (like nuts, peanut butter, cheese...)
  • YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Usually 2- I am rarely hungry before 4pm, and if I am, a 300 calorie meal is more than enough for me. I LOVE a big dinner. I have tried doing small meals throughout the day, but have found that forcing myself to eat earlier in the day ad doing small meals just leads to me starving all day long, and feeling so disappointed when I get to dinner and have something like 400 calories left. I have no idea why my body reacts that way- I would think that eating in the morning, when I'm not even hungry, would cause me to be fuller throughout the day, but it's the exact opposite.
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    3 sometimes more. breakfast, dinner and snacks/whatever i feel like. sometimes ill snack at random too but not often.
  • paleojoe
    paleojoe Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    2 - 3 meals a day with one snack thrown in there somewhere...
  • sweetdandelion
    sweetdandelion Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    3 meals and 2-3 snacks.

breakfast
    midmorning snack (maybe)
    lunch
    late afternoon snack with tea (always)
    dinner
    late night snack (always)

the meals are generally between 300 and 500 calories.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    The only meal I eat is supper with the family. The rest I just eat in small snacks through out the day.
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am Intermittent Fasting so I eat 2 meals: Lunch and Dinner.
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Two.

One if I'm at a customer site all day.
  • silenthunter93
    silenthunter93 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    5-6
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    As many as I can sneak past my jailers.
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I eat every 3 hours so it averages 6 or 7 meals/day. They are small meals and each one includes some form of protein. The meals are small or more like snacks. ie small apple and string cheese; a small salad; 3 laughing cow wedges with 15.Ritz crackers; a package of Green Giant broccoli & cheese, etc
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    three or four….

OP - why not just eat larger meals so you are satiated longer?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    3 and a snack at night. I could do just find without the snack, but I got in the habit lately, and like it.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I eat three meals, and have snacks throughout the day. If you counted the snacks as meals, it would be 7, but I do not count them as official meals since they are so small (comparatively).

Breakfast and lunch are typically between 400 and 500 calories. I have snacks throughout the day, generally 150 calories or less. Usually one between breakfast and lunch one in the afternoon, and I almost always have cheese and crackers when I get home from work (especially on workout days). Then I use the balance of my calories (usually 1,300 - 1,400) for dinner and dessert plus a drink or two.
  • ishari89
    ishari89 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I aim for 600 calories for breakfast,lunch and dinner with 400 being dedicated to the 'main meal' (apart from breakfast where almost all of it is the 'main meal') and then 200 for snacks here and there; mostly whenever I get a little hungry between meals.
  • becomeanewme
    Options
    I usually eat around 6 meals a day, but after pm snack I am still hungry, so I am going to experiment with 7 meals at 250 cals per meal, does any one else do this? What do you think ? I would really like to hear your suggestions. Last year I was recovering for an ED, but I am back on track

Maybe it isn't about the number of times your eating but WHAT you are eating? I just started eating 5 times a day. I get a hearty breakfast to get me going, lunch, then two snacks between that and dinner, then dinner. My meals vary between 250-300 calories and snacks between 150-200. I am eating a lot of protein, vegetables, and carbs like quinoa, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, fruit. These things are very filling to me so eating the smaller meals every few hours really helps me from being hungry. Now, don't get me wrong, I still crave things but sticking to what I do lets me satisfy my cravings once a week and that is enough for me.

I have nothing against eating whatever you want as long as you stay within your calories, but I find that a string cheese, almonds, and cucumber for a snack are keeping me satisfied until my next meal more than say the same amount of calories in just pretzels, or crackers or something on that order.

You have to find out what works for you, to each their own! There was a lot of good advice in your thread, I hope you can try something that clicks. Good luck!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against eating whatever you want as long as you stay within your calories, but I find that a string cheese, almonds, and cucumber for a snack are keeping me satisfied until my next meal more than say the same amount of calories in just pretzels, or crackers or something on that order.

so true.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I eat maybe 4 or 5.
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i like to eat every 2-3 hours. 5 meals i suppose. breakfast - snack - lunch - snack - dinner. try ending the day with some protein? i used to end the day with a yogurt (90 calories) or a chocolate flavored vitatop. (vitatop is like a muffin top for 100 calories usually found in the frozen good section). at least find something that usually makes you feel full and end your day with that. also i dont divide all my calories evenly..
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    3, sometimes 2 if its a weekend and I sleep in late.