Kim Kardashian loses 50 lbs on ketogenic diet

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Please, she lost 30 of those pounds post partum just from giving birth. No diet secret to that. Judging from the edema she had, another 10 lbs was water weight that came off. So, maybe another 10 lbs from diet.
    Did she really? I think I lost about 10 lbs. giving birth. I don't know how people lose more. I guess breastfeeding burns an extra 1000 or more calories a day.

I did it by having 8.5 pound babies three times out of four. I think I only lost 20 when the small one wax born.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I could go without seeing kanye's face pop up every time I go on yahoo, google or anywhere. What a jacka**.
  • iLOVEbabySARA13
    Options
    Half of it was having the kid.

I lost 30 lbs. in 2-3 weeks.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    wait...I thought they were vegan now...

ugh, why do I even know that?
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Dunno. If I were a keto-person, the last thing I'd want is a weight-yoyo bubblehead like K.K. endorsing it.

My guess is this marks the peak of the low-carb fad - only question left to answer now is what the next fad will be.

That said, if that menu is accurate, she wasn't low-carb so much as she was very-low-calorie....

The next will be pure protein. Because you cant store fat from protein.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Is nothing sacred? can't I go anywhere without hearing about KK. please, no further mention ok?

You have just earned a fan for life and no, I'm not being sardonic.
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    I'm willing to bet she's the next face/spokesperson for this diet. Anything to feel relevant.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

700 calories of guacamole bwahahaha.

I think I could easily take on that challenge!
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I would love to look like her! she's lucky she can have the best trainers, food and surgery to look good! lol
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    pooh-bear_zps821401be.jpg
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    And yet other places are reporting she is on a 1200 calorie diet per Tracy Anderson.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/498191/20130811/kim-kardashian-diet-weight-loss-secrets-work.htm

I don't really believe anything written in those magazines, especially weight loss tips.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m4qffwnOsy1rwcc6bo1_250.gif
  • Ortax
    Ortax Posts: 98
    Options
    Damn, I hope she didn't lose her butt!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

700 calories of guacamole bwahahaha.

I think I could easily take on that challenge!

IN
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    And yet other places are reporting she is on a 1200 calorie diet per Tracy Anderson.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/498191/20130811/kim-kardashian-diet-weight-loss-secrets-work.htm

I don't really believe anything written in those magazines, especially weight loss tips.

What?! Are you suggesting that celebrity gossip isn't always factual? I'm shocked!
  • ErniesMom863
    ErniesMom863 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    One thing we all know to be true, there is no telling what the real story is so it's silly to compare any of our personal journeys to her. She appears to struggle to keep the weight off like I do so I hope she's losing it through a healthy diet and lots of exercise. I have heard that she is working out with Kanye's trainer on his tour and if that's true, I applaud her.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    she learned how to create a calorie deficit..who says the Kardashians are dumb?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

What?! Are you suggesting that celebrity gossip isn't always factual? I'm shocked!

Hard to believe, I know.

(FTR - I only read the headlines while waiting in the line at the supermarket, haha. I just happened to remember the 1200 calorie one because, well, MFP)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    So I guess the rich and famous know the secret to losing weight - ketogenic diet. .

LMAO, it's not even significantly different in terms of fat loss with a balanced diet holding protein and cals constant. And that way you get more delicious carbs. There is nothing special about low carb or keto unless you like losing lbm or have a medical reason for following it

this x 100