MFP Runner's Club July 24th

Options
2»

Replies

• pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I ran 5 miles this morning!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!!! Finally stopped raining? Happy Banana Dance for you!!
    Banane21.gifBanane21.gifBanane21.gif
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Way to go ladies!!

I haven't been posting this week because I have not been running. In fact, I've barely been walking. I pole vaulted Sunday and pulled my groin muscles on both sides. I had a blast anyway. I am not giving up!! Because of being on blood thinners I bruise easily. I have a big, nasty, dark purple bruise on my thigh about 9 inches x 5 inches. My wife thinks I'm nuts!!

I have been able to keep up with my P90X workouts with a few modifications for the injury. There are some moves I have not been able to make, but I am getting better.

Good runs to all!

OUCH!! Well at least it was for a good cause! Good for you for trying and not giving up!! Glad to hear that you are able to stay on Program though. Keep up the great work! We do miss reading your posts, so check in more often!!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

It didn't rain for my run! :drinker: It's supposed to rain this afternoon tho. :ohwell:
    It's funny cuz my mom told me they are calling for rain the whole week I'll be there. I can laugh about it cuz my sister has a treadmill so, no excuses!! :flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Afternoon everyone!!

I did my strength training last night and then ran 3.5, then got back up this am and went to yoga.

Man, I have noooooooo flexibility!! She kept telling us to do these crazy 'cirque du soleil' :noway: moves and I was like - 'woman, you are out of your mind - there is no way my body can do that!' - so she would come over and move my hips and move my shoulders and I would fall flat on my face. I will keep trying though - now it is a challenge!!

So I have my first 10 mile long run this weekend!!! I am running it with two friends so I will have moral and mental support! We are running at 6am to beat the heat.

What is everyone else planning for their long runs this weekend? We know Mireille has her 8....
  • pmkelly409
    Options

It didn't rain for my run! :drinker: It's supposed to rain this afternoon tho. :ohwell:
    It's funny cuz my mom told me they are calling for rain the whole week I'll be there. I can laugh about it cuz my sister has a treadmill so, no excuses!! :flowerforyou:

I am actually praying for clouds or light rain for this weekend....it beats running in this ridiculous heat!!

That's our motto - NO EXCUSES!!! :smile:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Thanks ladies! It felt so good to be able to get out there after so many days confined to the house. I ran it in the same time as normal but I'm not going to lie, I huffed and puffed a little at the end. lol

Tricia,

Just read yesterday's post. I'm heading 5 hours north of Toronto, just me and my girls. We do this every year and spend a week with my family. I'm staying with my mom and she does not have a computer (she doesn't even know how to use a bank machine, gotta love her). My siblings have one at their homes so I may try and log on a couple of times while I'm there. Especially after my 8 miles, I'm gonna wanna brag about that run because my family just ain't into running. lol

I'll be logged on today but I want to be gone by 6am tomorrow. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Good run and you have a wonderful trip. Hope to hear from you after that great run you are planning!
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I ran 8 miles this morning!!! That is the farthest I have run so far. I was exhausted after, but it feels good too! The worst part was that after I got out of the shower I remembered that my mom left my car at my work, so I had to walk to work from the gym. Its only about 1/4 mile... but after running 8 it was toture!

Great job to everyone running today.

Wow, 8 miles. that is fab!
    I can't wait until I can say that one day!
    Your are great!
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    I didn't get out and run, again up to late to get outearly before heat, but I did hit the treadmill!
    It is so much harder to run in place. I only did 3 miles, but it seemed like forever. I didn't even run the entire thing, but still burned calories!!!!!:bigsmile:
    I have a lot of yard work today, so I will burn more there also, and hopefully I will go to bed earlier tonight and get up early enough for a morning run.

I would love to do an 8 mile run.
    Maybe if I map it out I will know where I can go to run that far. But I am only up to 5.5, maybe I should work on 6 or 6.5 first? Yeah, I will do that.

Have a wonderful day ladies and great job out there.
    :laugh: :bigsmile: :drinker: :laugh: :bigsmile: :drinker: :laugh: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I ran 8 miles this morning!!! That is the farthest I have run so far. I was exhausted after, but it feels good too! The worst part was that after I got out of the shower I remembered that my mom left my car at my work, so I had to walk to work from the gym. Its only about 1/4 mile... but after running 8 it was toture!

Great job to everyone running today.

Way to go proudmama! I can't wait to say that too (this weekend for me!)
    It is such a wonderful accomplishment.

Keep running girl! :flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Well, I can definitely say it wasn't my best workout today. I didn't feel like doing a straight run through so I did 5 min warm up, 5 min jog, 1 min walk until I reached 30 minutes and then cooled down for 5 minutes.

I also did some weights. i burned 415 calories.

Meh.

Monday will be a better day!
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Went for physio for my toe and wouldn't you know it, it hardly hurt! Guess I am on the way to recovery.
    I think I will try to run this weekend if not tomorrow. Still working out, like JD I follow P90X and X+, so I did Kenpo Cardio Plus this morning. I too have been modifying moves, so as to no put pressure on the toe, but today didn't feel anything uncomfortable.

Will be going for a running evaluation, may be on my way to orthotics, but hey, if it is going to help, why not!

Carol
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Today my husband and I did an 8 mile tempo run. It felt good. I never would've believed I'd be coming back from a run thinking eight miles was pretty easy. If you'd have told me that, I'd have thought you were nuts!

Tonight and tomorrow night we get to babysit grandbaby Kya! My son is in a wedding and the rehearsal dinner is tonight and the wedding is tomorrow, so we get to take care of her both times! We're so excited!

Sunday is our half-marathon! I'm excited to see how we all do.

Have a nice day everyone!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    Went for physio for my toe and wouldn't you know it, it hardly hurt! Guess I am on the way to recovery.
    I think I will try to run this weekend if not tomorrow. Still working out, like JD I follow P90X and X+, so I did Kenpo Cardio Plus this morning. I too have been modifying moves, so as to no put pressure on the toe, but today didn't feel anything uncomfortable.

Will be going for a running evaluation, may be on my way to orthotics, but hey, if it is going to help, why not!

Carol

Good news on the little toe! Sounds like you are definitely on the mend! Nothing wrong with a good orthotic as long as you can keep running! Have a great night!
  • pmkelly409
    Options

I would love to do an 8 mile run.
    Maybe if I map it out I will know where I can go to run that far. But I am only up to 5.5, maybe I should work on 6 or 6.5 first? Yeah, I will do that.

Have a wonderful day ladies and great job out there.
    :laugh: :bigsmile: :drinker: :laugh: :bigsmile: :drinker: :laugh: :bigsmile: :drinker:

Every week increase your long run by one mile - just so you don't injure yourself and you give your body/mind something attainable. you will be running 8 in no time!
  • rdhsm
    rdhsm Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi: rest day for me... which I am glad for... I am way sore.

-Thalli1 good luck on your half this weekend! How exciting... you will do great!
    -Safe travels to you Mireille
    :)
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Wow I have missed you guys...look at all the miles today!

I promise to be back by Saturday...2 of 3 kids will be gone...it will be a LONG run morning for me.

KEEP UP THE HARD WORK....You guys are my inspiration!

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Happy Running!

Ali
  • jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    Options
    Made it out about 6 O'clock and ran 3 miles. I checked the scale a little while ago and I am down to 191 lbs. When I started this journey of weight loss, I was 220 Lbs. Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I ran 2 miles (per my 10K training program!!)

I will be having a rest day :happy: Friday and Sat cross-training Sunday will be 4 miles:bigsmile: !!

Have a great weekend!!