No or Low Calorie foods?

Options
13»

Replies

• SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Any veggie you want in any quantity you want. I like to put Ms Dash steak seasonings on them but use w/e you like just be careful of the calories. Ranch dressing, for example, can have lots of calories.

I make huge glasses of green tea with saccharine mixed with flavored tea like mint.

Dry sweetened cereal is amazing low in calories. Find one you like for when your feinding for sweet junk food like cookies.

Fried egg whites with ketchup. I fry mine in Country Crock to get the salty fried food fix.
  • AprilLizbethWire
    AprilLizbethWire Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    "Thanks this made the most sense to me. I am sorry I didn't know there weren't food without calories. I feel kinda stupid not knowing that but I thought some foods didn't. Anyways thanks for your feedback."

You shouldn't feel stupid for not knowing something! You had questions and you sought out answers. That's how anyone learns.

I had a friend who thought you had to burn as many calories as you eat in a day (for example - if she ate 1,200 calories a day she thought she had to burn 1,200 calories that day in order to lose weight). Effective, but not really necessary. No one taught her and she never learned any different.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask! People are generally willing to help on here. :)

Also, I tend to eat a bunch of snacks instead of full on meals. My favorite kind of day is shaped like:

Breakfast
    Snack
    Lunch
    Snack
    Dinner
    Snack

My calorie goal is 1,200. As long as I keep my meals around 300 calories and my snacks around 100 I get to eat all day! I will say my days don't always get to look like this. Sometimes I have a bigger dinner planned or something like that so I'll eat light at lunch and skip a snack or two.

I like small servings of low sodium soups, fruits, veggies, and nuts. Pistachios are good cause you have to open each one before you can eat it, so it takes longer to eat less calories while still satisfying your snacking craving. Low fat string cheese (Weight Watchers has a mozzarella cheese stick they sell at WalMart with the rest of the cheese that's really good and only 50 calories a stick) is good, too. I also like beef jerky. If you get the right kind it can be pretty low calorie per serving - although kind of high in sodium.

Welcome to MFP and good luck to you!
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My go to snack is a Hunts pudding...only 100 cals for most, and a good source of calcium which is something that I need.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    If you have a sweet tooth, 2 pieces of Werther's Sugar Free candy and a cup of Swiss Miss Diet hot chocolate is about 27 calories. March in place as you suck on the Werthers and they become zero. If you just need mindless, crunchy eating then eat plain celery. Or go for a brisk walk to earn a better snack.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any foods that have zero calories….water?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - just create a 500 calories deficit + work out/move more = weight loss…

if there are some foods that you want to have then make room for them in your daily calorie allotment and enjoy them..

if you restrict yourself then that is going to lead to binging which will lead to eventual failure..
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any foods that have zero calories….water?
    0 calorie cooking spray on 0 calorie syrup.........yummy food that diets swear by. lol j/k:happy:
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I usually do baby carrots when I want a low calorie snack during the day. It's 35 calories for 9 baby carrots, and they're unusually filling. I'll buy a two-pound bag at the store, and eat to my heart's content. :happy:
  • jesssargent2
    jesssargent2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What does OP stand for?

I have been trying to exercise everyday even if it is just a little bit it is better then nothing. :) My plan is to buy more healthy food, veggies, string cheese and jello or pudding. Things that are good and filling. I want to also get some nuts which can help me feel full longer. Thanks everyone for your support and advice.

Jess:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - Orignal Poster
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    veggies every sunday cut up a bunch of variety and fill a gallon bag
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Most of my snacks and meals include protein (lean or high in healthy unsaturated fats) and/or whole grains to keep me full, as well as a decent amount of fruit and/or veggies which allows me to eat a greater quantity.