People w/ED's, bipolar, depression, insomnia, etc.?

Options
I have a variety of fun mental illnesses, stay up late, love art and music and enjoy communicating with my MFP friends.
And I'm looking for new ones to support me, and to support in return, that share similar interests/disorders. :P
Add me if interested!

Replies

• VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have suffered from anxiety and depression for about 13 years, and when I started exercising in August, it started to get better. I have relapses if I don't exercise. I think that is why I have finally stuck with a diet/fitness plan, because I feel better. I also have stomach issues because of stress, and am always reading books on mindfulness and meditating and trying to "fix" myself lol. I read a lot of neuroscience books as well as many spiritual ones.

Feel free to add me!
  • papetto
    papetto Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Of course! And I agree with you, my symptoms always improve with regular exercise. I'll add you now. :)
  • lykimlee
    Options
    I'm finally ready for change. I suffer from Depression, OCD and an anxiety disorder (a side offect of that is insomnia). So I understand. I updated all my info to reflect new numbers and new goals. Would either of you be okay with me adding you? I don't have any adds as yet.

Either way, GOOD LUCK!!!! I'm sure you can and will reach your goals! :)
  • papetto
    papetto Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes, add away! :)
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I have borderline personality disorder, which is like bipolar on speed lol basically all bipolar symptoms several times in a day woohooo fun times, also makes me obsessive on information research etc, feel free to add me :)
  • shellsies93
    Options
    i'm bipolar as well, you can add me if you would like! :)
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I had depression in the past. I am very interactive on here. I'm pretty much at my maintenance weight right now. But wanting to add a little muscle.
  • sailrunner
    sailrunner Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Love to join you. How do I do the friend thing?
    I'm feeling tons better with exercise and not binging.
    Give me music and books as well to keep smilin'
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My insomnia has made a very unwelcome return along with the panic attacks but running has been helping :)
  • littlehedgy
    littlehedgy Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Depression with a huge heaping dose of extreme anxiety here! Along with those friends I get caught up in what I call looped thinking where I obsess over something. Usually its a memory that embarrassed me or something that scares me. I'm here everyday and love having an active news feed. Feel free to add me anyone
  • Yogafit28
    Yogafit28 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm fighting mental illness right now as well. On and off depression and awful anxiety...an eating disorder as well, but I still consider myself (some-what) recovered. Please don't feel triggered if you do add me because I'm not in a good place right now xoxo
  • shellyburger
    shellyburger Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    And here I thought I was the only one...
    For me, it's pretty bad depression and anxiety. Weight gain is always an issue for me as an increased appetite is an unfortunate side effect of my medication. However, I usually feel a bit better when I am exercising and being healthy.

:) Anyone can feel free to add me.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    i've had anorexia and depression and have anxiety and PTSD
    at a good size now, don't pay attention to weight because I obsess, just trying to get my body to look the way I want it to.
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Almost all people suffer from a mental disorder at one time or another in their lives. I guess this qualifies most of us to be your friend? :wink:
  • Fern890
    Fern890 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I suffer from depression, anxiety, insomnia and OCD and my mood throughout the day is like a roller-coaster. Regular exercise for he last 7 months and I am the most stable I have ever been. If I don't exercise for even two or three days I lose all stea, and motivation.

Feel free to add me :) I am on here everyday and happy to motivate and support people
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I got Aspergers, ADD and recovering from Bulimia (at least try to), love art and music as well.
  • DeputySox
    Options
    I am a recovering alcoholic with PTSD and OCD. Please feel free to add me.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    General anxiety and just that underlying feeling of dread, even when life is going peachy keen. Exercising and practicing the The Power of Now has made a huge difference. I think most have some demon haunting them one way or the other.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You know what the saddest is of it all: Just by replying here I see my friends list drop. How harsh can people be? I guess that is one of the reasons not many will say it out loud openly.
  • UsernameIsTaken74
    Options
    You know what the saddest is of it all: Just by replying here I see my friends list drop. How harsh can people be? I guess that is one of the reasons not many will say it out loud openly.

Anyone who unfriends you just for being honest about yourself doesn't deserve to be on your friends list!