BMI

Options
I See the BMI scale brought up alot on these forums do you guys honestly believe in that chitty outdated system?

Replies

• alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Since you phrased the question in such a biased way, obviously you don't.

I use BMI to set my own goals. I know that it doesn't apply in every case, but I think it's a good general guideline for a range of healthy weights for a non-athlete like myself.

I think there are far more people who like to consider themselves BMI outliers than there are actual BMI outliers.
  • laurasuzanne2006
    laurasuzanne2006 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My BMI is 24, I wear a size 2, and am a distance runner. I was obese when i wore a 4........BMI is a poor indicator. Fat percentage is wayyyy better
  • Flex382
    Flex382 Posts: 257
    Options
    I See the BMI scale brought up alot on these forums do you guys honestly believe in that chitty outdated system?

Its not supooseto be 100% accurate. everybodys body is different. As long as you see it moving the way you want then you are doing something right
  • candiceh3
    Options
    Bmi is supposed to be used for populations not individuals. But it is an ok measure so long as you aren't a special snowflake.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I think there are far more people who like to consider themselves BMI outliers than there are actual BMI outliers.

this