I need the help & Motivation

9420toy
9420toy Posts: 12 Member
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
:wink: Hi, I'm new to the site can anyone give me some tips to help me out I believe I'm going to lose more inches then lbs...which 1 is better?

Replies

• vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    The really great thing about this site and your journey is that you are in charge. You get to decide which you would like to focus on more. You could focus on both (which kind of happens naturally actually - at least that's my experience). As I have reduced my weight, I have also reduced my size. I have no idea how many inches I have reduced overall, but I started out wearing size 14 and 16 jeans and now I am wearing size 6 dress pants and size 8 and 10 jeans. The xtra large shirts/coats/dresses that I was wearing literally hang on me. I wasn't "focusing" on my size, but it is a natural bi-product of the weight reduction over time. Even my abdomen is reducing in size as is evidenced by the fact that there is less overhang over my belt than there used to be. I was worried that I would end up with a "flabby" belly, but that doesn't appear to be the case for me.

Good luck with your journey to a healthier and happier you.

Vickie
  • amyfly
    amyfly Posts: 137
    If your goal is to lose weight or fit in a smaller size than inches is what I'd focus on. I see so many people get discouraged as they diligently watch the scale go up and down a pound or two and the fact is a lot of things like fluid retention, strength training, high sodium diet, etc. can temporarily add on a few pounds. By using both a scale and your measurements (and how your feeling and your clothes fit) you'll get a more accurate idea of how you're progressing. Best of luck - you can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend if you need support:)
This discussion has been closed.