• SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Three meals, three snacks.
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner - Supper.

Add a "snack" of a protein shake if its an training day.

Breakfast is usually about 400 cal and supper is usually about 300 cal so I have a lot of flexibility during the day.
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Including snacks, about 5 during the work week, I'm lucky to get 2 in on the weekends.
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    as many as I want so long as I stay under my calorie limit.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Three or two (if I woke up too late for breakfast)....
    Same. And often one decent-sized snack, especially if I missed a meal.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Usually 3 meals, 3 snacks/mini-meals. Some days I need a little more, some a little less.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    If I'm working then 4-5. If I'm not then 3-4 usually.

I get hungrier at work and longer days = more food.
  • blueberrybelle21
    Options
    Usually two. When I am at school usually I skip lunch (for some reason I am never hungry at lunchtime) and go to the library (food-free zone) to study, but I do eat a big breakfast of muesli/cereal and yogurt and have a few snacks throughout the day. I have a bigger dinner as well. So everything is balanced out, I just eat at different times :)
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Two - lunch and dinner!
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Breakfast-snack-lunch-snack-dinner-snack

Sometimes I skip breakfast, and sometimes I just graze all day.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 6 meals a day, but after pm snack I am still hungry, so I am going to experiment with 7 meals at 250 cals per meal, does any one else do this? What do you think ? I would really like to hear your suggestions. Last year I was recovering for an ED, but I am back on track

Unfortunately, for me, 250 calories per meal would leave me hungry, there would not be much on the plate for that amount.

I eat two or three times per day.
  • eksero2k
    eksero2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    3 meals a day on the weekdays - Breakfast 200-250 calories, lunch 600-900 calories, dinner 3--600 calories. Random snacks through the day, 1-400 calories.
    Weekends seems to be a bit more random!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat meal type meals very much. I eat mostly lean proteins, fruits, veggies, some dairy, and oatmeal so the volume of food I can eat to get to my calories is pretty high. I just eat snacks most of the time, 6-8 times per day. I plan out my "meals" as foods I plan to eat throughout the day and then just virtually grab from that pile of stuff as I desire it. I don't have any specific calorie aim per meal. It sort of works itself out.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Lunch & Dinner with an occasional snack before bed. I've found thru IF that I am WAY less hungry the less often I eat.
  • AmyJoShanks
    AmyJoShanks Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    2 - breakfast and dinner. I'm doing 14/10 intermittant fasting and I now work out while fasted. Works for me!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    17...i eat every 45 minutes :laugh:

LOL! Well, you look fantastic! Haha!

I eat twice a day with a snack. Normally I will eat a good sized balanced meal around 10 or 11am, a small snack at 2pm and again at 4 or 5pm during the week and I'm more loose with my times during the weekend.

I tried eating several times a day but I was never satisfied. I'd be staring at my watch waiting for my next snack.

With this way of eating I stay full for hours, wash less dishes, my grocery bill is smaller and most importantly I've been able to control my late night snacking by closing the kitchen after my last meal. I love it!
  • laurenpjokl
    laurenpjokl Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    3 meals, around 250 for breakfast, 300 for lunch and 500 for dinner. I usually then have a light dessert with my remaining calories in the evening, but I don't really snack during the day.

Things might have to change now I'm trying to maintain as opposed to lose weight.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I eat every three hours. so it works out to 5 or 6 meals (not including post-workout shake) depending on how late I stay up. I know it is not necessary for everyone to eat that way, but for me it fits my grazing tendencies. It also keeps my blood sugars very level, and so I don't over-indulge. Also keeps me from having burning hunger in the morning. :happy:
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry. I don't schedule meals, but generally it is around 3 with a large evening snack that I suppose can count as a 4th.