Things I have discovered on MFP...

Options
13»

Replies

• summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've learned that it really isn't all that hard to lose weight, you just have to want to.

I've learned that nobody can make the decision for you, you have to do it for yourself.

I've learned that after eating good, healthy food for so long, a pizza makes me feel ill. And that is wonderful.
  • cmw9696
    cmw9696 Posts: 123
    Options
    I learned today, that I can say "no thank you" to the chocolate chocolate cake doughnut the guys at work offer me.
    I don't "need" a diet Coke to get through the morning.
    30 minutes on the treadmill or bike really isn't that long at all...I can go longer!
  • jjustjo
    jjustjo Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have learned:

I am not too old to change.
    I am not too fat to exercise.
    I am stronger than I thought.
    I don't know everything about dieting or I wouldn't be where I am today.
    I like having friends (thank you friends!) and being accountable for what I put in my mouth.
    I LOVE (can't get enough) green leafy veggies.
    AND the biggest surprise......
    Exercise improves my mood and makes me have more energy. I would have never believed that one without experiencing it for myself.
  • emmyworthy
    emmyworthy Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've learned that a 75g serving of pasta is much smaller than I thought it was ... and I can eat that and still feel full.

Yup me tooo=]

I have learned that I can ride girl-on-top with my knees up instead of down, and make my Thor's man's eyes buldge out.

Hahahaha I love this one!!!! I'm gonna have to try it=]
  • stina1985
    Options
    I have learnt...

- it is alot easier to eat my five a day than I first thought
    - I can also drink 8 glasses of water a day, sometimes more, without even really trying too hard.
    - that I enjoy the feeling I get after an exercise session
    - I eat ALOT in a day, but I now eat the right things as opposed to the rubbish I used to snack on.
    - my mood is so much better when I have a really good food day.
    - that I CAN and WILL do it this time :)
  • IceFaith
    Options
    I have learned that Dr Pepper isn't as appealing as it once was.
    I have learned that I Love roasted veggies, especially broccoli.
    I have learned that I don't have to eat traditional breakfasts.
    I have learned that I can loose weight successfully.
    I have learned that I actually have more energy if I exercise.
    I have learned that if I switch my plates to smaller plates that I get full just fine. I don't have to an enormous plate.
  • NMay50
    NMay50 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've learned that food is fuel, not comfort.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    <
    look at start date :heart:

I have learned:
    I keep on learning!
    When I help others, I help myself
    When I encourage others on the same path I feel better about myself
    Take each suggestion with a grain of salt (OK let's say sand so it is sodium free!) because it is someons opinion, not gospel

I am doing this for me!!!
  • mamara79
    Options
    I've learned that it's better for me to weigh my self once a month instead of weekly. I choose the 13th to be my weigh in day. The body fluxates so much with muscle and fat, I FEEL better when I see -8lbs apposed to -0.2lbs , YKWIM?

I've learned that I ENJOY exercise! Sometimes it's a bit rough getting started, but as soon as I start, I realize, I'm having FUN! Afterwards, I FEEL better........LOVE endorphines!!!! I feel PROUD of myself for making say a salmon sandwich instead of eating the meat lover pizza that my husband ordered. I've learned that in order to improved my outside, I neeed to focus on what is INSIDE first!

I'm sure I'll have much more to learn........I'm still at the beginning!
  • staceybug13
    Options
    I've learned that I don't have to finish everything on my plate (I'm Greek, enough said).

I've learned that I can still eat what I want and shed pounds.

I've learned that it's not just about eating healthy but eating smart too!

I've learned that eating right and exercising isn't as hard as some people make it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!