Size 10 -& Happy

Options
Hello, I've lost 60 pounds and I'm now in a size 10. I'm 5'5 and weight 170. This all seems great but my BMI still says I'm over weight. Help me out, how many of you are a size 10; what is your height and weight! I've been on my weight lose journey for almost two years. I've haven't lost any weight for about a year because me eating is off. I still work out each day. My shape has changed because I lift weights 3 days a week. I'm trying to decide if I try to lose the last 10/15 pounds to reach my goal weight and fit into a size 8. I guess I'm looking for some positive motivation and support!
Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I'm not much taller, closer to 5'6", but I still don't think I fit in a 10 and I weigh less than your possible goal weight, lol. It depends on muscle, frame, etc. An old school 10 is my goal size, if that helps any. I don't want my hips less than 39.5" if I can lose my waist enough and have that happen.

If you lift, I'm guessing you might have a lot of muscle. That does matter. If everything is very squishy, that might be too high a BF for health compared to losing a bit more. The best way to do it is to get actual BF testing if you can.

Have you done the frame size calculations, like the one that uses your elbow? If you have a small frame and that's why you are in a 10 that's a different story than it being muscle and a larger frame. Use your best judgement or get tested :)
  • e2murphy
    e2murphy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If your picture is accurate, you look fabulous! Good luck with maintaining or losing the "not necessary but goal worthy" 10-15 lbs.
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    BMI is meaningless if you are a woman and have the slightest bit more muscles than the average princess, or a body type that doesn't fit in their narrow frame of what is "average". Coming from an unhealthy place, I'm sure you are able to tell quite correctly whether you are healthy now or not. If you think you are, just don't mind the stupid BMI! :)
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 170lbs, and I wear a size 14. Seems like I will never be a size 10!
  • krisp1108
    krisp1108 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" too and a couple of years ago I got down to 160..lower than my high school weight! At the time, I lost the weight for health reasons...didn't even work out at all. Then I had my 'last 15' to go and I joined a gym and started focusing on losing those 15 lbs and I blew it. Well, I blew it for several reasons, but I think what started it was I became TOO focused on a number.
    Go see your doctor and discuss with him/her. If they think you should lose a bit more for your health then do it. If they're happy and you're happy, forget the numbers and sizes.
    BTW...congratulations! You look amazing!
  • KBP1025
    KBP1025 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I envy you to be a size 10! I'm 5'5" 161 lbs and can just now wear a size 14 in most pants. I know from my "past life" that I was 145 lbs and a size 12 and at 135 lbs to be a size 10. I'm an apple shape - big belly so big pants :(