Healthy breakfast on the go?

Options
If you guys have no time to make breakfast and have to get fast food or something, what would your choices be? I would usually go to a convenient store and get a banana and some nuts.

Replies

• sewingdiscontent
    Options
    Chocolate Malt protein powder+half a banana+really strong chilled black coffee
    blended with ice.

This is super filling, and delicious.
  • kitsiekitty
    Options
    sliced bananas and strawberries in ice cold milk! alternatively, i would also pour in some cereal. or just make a banana smoothie. :d
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    oops, repeat
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    If you guys have no time to make breakfast and have to get fast food or something, what would your choices be? I would usually go to a convenient store and get a banana and some nuts.

Why would you HAVE to get fast food?? Breafats is so easy to bring with you.

My breakfasts are....

Boiled eggs+macadamia nuts

Cottage cheese+banana

Cheese+macadamia nuts

Omelette (eggs-cheese-veggies- prepare in advance, grab and go)

I pretty much always eat this. Fills me up. Easy to prepare.
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    as soon as i get a can of nuts they get weighed and put in single serving baggies then back into the can...keeps them super fresh and I have something to grab if I am running late!

I am also partial to extra lean hot dogs as a grab and run...I know it sounds weird for breakfast, but I can eat hot dogs anytime, and who says we have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast...I am just as likely to eat hot dogs for breakfast and eggs for evening snack...think outside that box!!!
  • yanglovesmj
    yanglovesmj Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    nuts or bananas or protein bars. or everything i've mentioned if im really hungry. something i can carry around. sometimes if i do make greek salad, i can pack it in a box and bring it with me. very convenient if i make a larger batch to last me a few days.
  • britteliz1
    britteliz1 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I throw an English muffin in the toaster and put some PB and a sliced banana on top. They're delish!
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Low sugar instant oatmeal packet and then slice and dice in whatever fruit, protein, etc. that you want.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I like the McDonalds (gasp!) egg white mcmuffin. It's yummy and filling and low on calories as breakfast sandwiches go. I would also stop at Wawa for some fruit and greek yogurt. What I usually eat is oatmeal, my new favorite is the Quaker Real Medleys they take 45 seconds in the microwave, are yummy and filling.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    If I have to eat in the car (which sadly happens many mornings), I take a jimmy dean d-light english muffin with me. It is 210 cal I think, and has protein from the canadian bacon, egg white, and cheese. They also make a breakfast bowl that is really good, and a flatbread sandwich.
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    My usual quick breakfast when I'm in a rush--
    a banana, two whole grain waffles with peanut butter made into a sandwich. Just make sure the waffles have cooled down a bit before you put on peanut butter, or it gets drippy all over your clothes as you drive --learned that the hard way!
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    I make my own breakfast burritos.
    1 Whole Wheat Low Carb Tortilla
    2 Egg Whites, scrambled
    2 strips of turkey bacon

I wrap it in aluminum foil, stick it in the freezer, and then when I'm ready to head out to work, I grab it and heat it up in the microwave at work for breakfast. You can add cheese if you'd like, but I'm not a fan of a lot of cheese in them. You can also add salsa. Calorie wise, I'd say these are around 300 or so, and they are packed with protein so you're full until lunch.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    If I have to eat in the car (which sadly happens many mornings), I take a jimmy dean d-light english muffin with me. It is 210 cal I think, and has protein from the canadian bacon, egg white, and cheese. They also make a breakfast bowl that is really good, and a flatbread sandwich.

I forgot about those, those are good too.