Eating 1000 calories a day?

Options

Replies

• starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    For your height and weight, you're eating well under. My husband is 5'8 and 152 lbs and he requires more calories than what you're eating...way more.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    please just stay at 1200 cals

No. At his height and weight he needs to eat much more than 1200 calories, and he will still lose weight.
    at least double.

not sure if srs post though.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    He be trollin', trollin', trollin'!
  • rosettafaery
    rosettafaery Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    :noway: You probably need to double your calorie intake...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    please just stay at 1200 cals

No. At his height and weight he needs to eat much more than 1200 calories, and he will still lose weight.
    at least double.

not sure if srs post though.

Absolutely.

I don't understand how a person can eat such low calories and not faint. I also don't understand how a person can NOT increase their calorie intake. You don't have to add more meals or anything, all you have to do is add higher calorie foods to what you've already got: peanut butter to oatmeal, or nuts or other crunchy toppings on salad, whole milk instead of skim, and the list goes on.

To the OP and the other poster who say they can't eat more than 1,000 calories per day--YES you can.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    In for the entertainment :smokin:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am 6"3" 205-211 and I eat about 1000 calories a day just because I stopped eating when I'm bored. When I tell people this they are "I dont even eat that little and I'm a 5"3" girl!" why is this so surprising/bad? And why does everyone say I'm going to lose a massive amount of weight?

Because it's dangerous. If you aren't hungry, that's a sign that your leptin levels are out of whack.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mtnrokZHTi1sj3oxho1_100.gif

Because someone needs this gif.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    985hj47_large.gif
  • SoftHeat
    Options
    bwahaha!!! I love the gifs!

Me too!!! Gifs are the only reason I check out these threads.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    985hj47_large.gif

This thread was in need of this gif!
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    He be trollin', trollin', trollin'!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Your body is in starvation mode! :glasses: :bigsmile:
  • briebuck
    briebuck Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    are your 1000 calories protein and fiber heavy ? do you drink or take calcium and make sure you get other vitamins

I know everyone on here is giving you crap but cmon you could be eating 2000 calories of crap food (what i used to do) and be worse off.

think about it guys - if you eat veggies and lean protein, throw in some complex carbs - full and at 1000 calories. I do it , only go over when i eat worse for me food .
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    fun gifs
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Your body is in starvation mode! :glasses: :bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    are your 1000 calories protein and fiber heavy ? do you drink or take calcium and make sure you get other vitamins

I know everyone on here is giving you crap but cmon you could be eating 2000 calories of crap food (what i used to do) and be worse off.

think about it guys - if you eat veggies and lean protein, throw in some complex carbs - full and at 1000 calories. I do it , only go over when i eat worse for me food .
    NO
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Yeah..you'll lose weight. And hair. And muscles. And muscle tone. And perhaps consciousness. And skin conditioning. Seriously. I call massive troll.

^^^^ yep this.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

NO

DOUBLE NO!!!!!!

Op an infant eats more than you do!!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I seem to be having a similar problem. I eat approx. 1000 calories a day. The problem is that I don't feel hungry, and when I see that I am below my calorie intake I reach a point of confusion, as I am not hungry and don't know what to eat to increase my calories those extra 200, without increasing something else, like sugars. I also don't have any side effects, eg: headaches, etc.
    My average day is all bran flakes for breakfast, fruit and baked potato / soup / veggies / noodles for lunch, and dinner can be anything from mac and cheese, salad, veg platter / pizza / fish and chips, etc. If I get peckish during the day, I eat more fruit / veg / crackers, but I still rarely reach my calorie count, unless I eat something I shouldn't like pizza. Any suggestions on how to reach that balance?

How did you become over weight eating so little.

Just eat more dense food, like avocado, peanut butter, etc. it's really not that hard.
This discussion has been closed.