How often do you log your food in a day?

Options
124»

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i log when i eat it. or sometimes during the afternoon if i already know what im eating for dinner ill log that as well at that time.
  • skyby7
    Options
    I plan all my food intake the night before, or two nights before. That way I just grab and go and don't have to think about macros because everything is already tracked, I just open my app and look what I need to eat.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I usually log as I go (but I do log before I eat anything). Sometimes if I know what I'm having for dinner, I might log it earlier in the day. But usually I'll just do the math in my head of what it means I have left for a snack.
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I log as I go. I tend to log my meal just before I eat it and then I make adjustments after I eat. I find doing this I am more honest and have better success.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Usually log all my main meals in the morning (or day/s before) then just add any snacks etc as I go.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I usually like to pre-log what I'm eating the previous day or sometimes even a few days in advance. Sometimes I'll end up changing out foods if I don't feel like eating them for that particular day.
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I usually prelog the night before things like breakfast, if I have lunch plans, a few "go to" snacks, etc. Then I change them throughout the day as I see fit. Sometimes, for example, if I know I'm going out to dinner but don't know what I'll have, I'll prelog a giant bowl of spaghetti for dinner and assume that whatever I get will have fewer calories than that, so that I can log as I eat for the rest of the day. Then, after dinner, I'll delete the spaghetti and log whatever I actually had.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Shortly after I eat anything. That way I don't forget.
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I log as much as I can first thing, making sure my wife plans the evening meal ahead of time.
    That way I know how much I have left to use during the day to meet my goals.

If I log after I eat it, I might eat something that takes me over or leaves me short for the rest of the day
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    On an average day, I usually log breakfast right after I eat it, and try to have dinner planned and pre-log that by mid morning. That helps me decide what to have for lunch, which I log right after I eat it, and then snacks fill in any macro gaps, and I log those as I go as well. After dinner I make any adjustments if needed, and if there's room, dessert/snack gets logged before or after I eat that.

Today marks my 840th straight day of logging - I think it's habit now. :tongue:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    In my week I have low, normal and high days. Protein and fat macros are the same, carbs change.

I plan and log the three days on the weekend, all with similar food but a few tweaks, and have as much as possible preprepared.

On the weekends, I might go off the week meal plan, as training time is different and I have more time to cook, but in these situations I always plan the whole day the night before.
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    I log in the morning, i start with drinking my h2, and then add my breakfast... i wait to eat my lunch and then add it. I found that if i added it before, I had to edit things... either I ate half as much or ate something different.
  • lebbyloses
    lebbyloses Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I log as I go most of the time (phone app). But if I've cooked ahead, I peeling and then update if needed. For example, my next few dinners are logged because I have leftovers to eat. And tomorrow is fully logged because I will be going out and it makes me feel better to have a plan in place. Or sometimes if I want a treat and I need to make it fit, I decide to have it tomorrow and log it right away. That way I know I'll save the calories for it.
  • awesomek001
    awesomek001 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Log it as I eat it. Not worth the stress of trying to remember what I logged. Also, helps remind me that if I grab that extra cookie / cake / chocolate / treat, I have to write it.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i log every time i eat,before i eat it so i know if it fits in my calories or not. this doesn't always keep me "good" but it has saved me more than once from consuming sneaky calories in seemingly innocent looking food.
  • markink81
    markink81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I normally log everything the night before. This way I ensure that I hit my macro's. Plus since I took the time logging it in I very rarely deviate from my menu plan. If I do, then I make sure it fits within my allotted values left for the day.