Yummy McDonald's??

Options

Replies

• judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options

Haggis anyone? Scrapple anyone? Skin, organs, leftovers? Sounds good to me.

Side note: Don't make fun of Scrapple. I grew up on that loaf of leftover parts. I LOVE It.

YES, scrapple is DELISH!!
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Us asians eat the pink slime and throw away the bland breast meat.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Strong copy pasta...

...and by that I mean plagiarism. Attribution to the actual author would have been nice. This appears to be the original source: http://politicalblindspot.com/hamburger-chef-jamie-oliver-proves-mcdonalds-burgers-unfit-for-human-consumption/ but honestly, citing *any* source would have been better than nothing.

Also, how did you avoid hearing about this when it first happened?

I did quote original article after...forgot to do so in the first place. Mi Scusi to all plagiarism Hitlers in this world!

Plagarism Hitler? So you think theft is cool?

Shoplifters-will-be-Composted_c_8046.jpg
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I only eat mcdonalds a couple times a year ..so whatevs...
  • strunch
    strunch Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Pretty insidious really.....especially considering how they market to children with all the clown stuff.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Pretty insidious really.....especially considering how they market to children with all the clown stuff.

inorite?

That creepy clown keeps breaking into my house at night and force-feeding Happy Meals to my children...

...and during the day, my 9- and 12-year olds keep taking the family car and buying that "food".

Evil...pure evil...how this company is compelling children against the will of and without knowledge of their parents.
  • strunch
    Options

inorite?

That creepy clown keeps breaking into my house at night and force-feeding Happy Meals to my children...

...and during the day, my 9- and 12-year olds keep taking the family car and buying that "food".

Evil...pure evil...how this company is compelling children against the will of and without knowledge of their parents.

No...the clown programs the children who in turn beg you to take them to McDonald's....which you do apparently. So in reality you are being controlled by a make believe clown.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

inorite?

No...the clown programs the children who in turn beg you to take them to McDonald's....which you do apparently. So in reality you are being controlled by a make believe clown.

Do they even use the clown anymore? I see WAY more marketing to adults. What's the point of marketing to kids when it's the adults you need to get in the door.

I'm pretty sure the kids "beg" me to go because they like burgers and especially fries, so do I so every once in a while we'll go.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    No one is forcing anyone to eat it.

We go there maybe once a month. My boys have a nugget happy meal with chocolate milk, yogurt, apple slices and french fries, and then they go play for half an hour to an hour. Perhaps other places should up their game and provide an indoor playground, but until then a maybe once a month handful of nuggets won't kill them.

I grew up helping with butchering various animals, one being the pig. Part of that process was cleaning and rinsing out the intestines to use as sausage casing. And guess what, we purposefully put fat into the sausage mix, otherwise they are too dry. While I always peel the casing off, many people happily eat it along with the sausage. People also eat chicken skin all the time, KFC, anyone? And did you know that Health Canada's advice for international travel includes not eating lettuce or other raw vegetables that havent been cleaned in bleach water.
    The only problem with McDonald's is people weren't specifically told.

I have no problem eating sausages with the casing on it. As Ive always ate it almost my whole life, every sunday my Italian grandma would make meatballs and sausage sauce. Which I might add Im having sausages tonight for dinner with the casing on it.....I guess just like with McD's food ppl get used to it, it really no longer would bother ppl so much. But would I eat McD's pr sausages every day no. I like a variety of foods especially food made at home
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options

inorite?

My kids dont beg me to take them. Theyll ask but guess what I put my foot down and tell them no...its called being a parent and having the upper hand
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

inorite?

My kids dont beg me to take them. Theyll ask but guess what I put my foot down and tell them no...its called being a parent and having the upper hand

LOL, I just caught this.... The clown programs the children..
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

inorite?

I do apparently? On what logic is that assumption based?

One of us is being strangely affected by this clown. It isn't me.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No one is forcing anyone to eat it.

We go there maybe once a month. My boys have a nugget happy meal with chocolate milk, yogurt, apple slices and french fries, and then they go play for half an hour to an hour. Perhaps other places should up their game and provide an indoor playground, but until then a maybe once a month handful of nuggets won't kill them.

I grew up helping with butchering various animals, one being the pig. Part of that process was cleaning and rinsing out the intestines to use as sausage casing. And guess what, we purposefully put fat into the sausage mix, otherwise they are too dry. While I always peel the casing off, many people happily eat it along with the sausage. People also eat chicken skin all the time, KFC, anyone? And did you know that Health Canada's advice for international travel includes not eating lettuce or other raw vegetables that havent been cleaned in bleach water.
    The only problem with McDonald's is people weren't specifically told.

I have no problem eating sausages with the casing on it. As Ive always ate it almost my whole life, every sunday my Italian grandma would make meatballs and sausage sauce. Which I might add Im having sausages tonight for dinner with the casing on it.....I guess just like with McD's food ppl get used to it, it really no longer would bother ppl so much. But would I eat McD's pr sausages every day no. I like a variety of foods especially food made at home

If it has to be fast food, Wendy's and Sonic have much tastier sausage. (And Wendy's biscuits are delicious!)
  • strunch
    Options

inorite?

I do apparently? On what logic is that assumption based?

One of us is being strangely affected by this clown. It isn't me.

The logic that I empirically trust my empathic abilities. Logic will only get you so far.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

inorite?

Well, when my kids were little, they did beg to go to McDonald's. It was probably as much because that's what grandma and grandpa did as it was the clown. But most of the time, we told them no. We went to other places (there's a regional chain here that is far far better) and the kids figured out that McD isn't all that great. Now they rarely ask.

Guess what … parents have much more influence over their kids than advertising if they are involved with their kids. Openly discussing advertising strategies as we see them also helps kids learn to avoid being influenced :wink:.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Strong copy pasta...

...and by that I mean plagiarism. Attribution to the actual author would have been nice. This appears to be the original source: http://politicalblindspot.com/hamburger-chef-jamie-oliver-proves-mcdonalds-burgers-unfit-for-human-consumption/ but honestly, citing *any* source would have been better than nothing.

Also, how did you avoid hearing about this when it first happened?

I did quote original article after...forgot to do so in the first place. Mi Scusi to all plagiarism Hitlers in this world!

I didn't think you were claiming all that as your own so don't worry about it....lol.

Yeah, I'm glad someone else realized how silly that sounded. Exaggeration Fail.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I am certainly not going to defend mc Donald's and their mass produced industrial, processed food products. I prefer real food, and cooking things myself. But, a few things mentioned in OP's post bugs me.

1) what's wrong with eating the whole part of animals, like snout to tail eating? Are we supposed to eat only the chicken breast, and throw the remaining carcass in the garbage bin? Snout to tail eating is healthier I think, different nutrients in different parts of the animal. And reduces waste.
    2) the use of alkaline ingredients is used in other cooking techniques. For example, the Mayans have used lime for centuries to make corn tortillas, which breaks down the corn, releasing nutrients and making the food more digestible.

I saw this list of ammonia-containing foods, from link http://grist.org/list/ten-foods-with-more-ammonia-than-pink-slime/

According to the University of Michigan Risk Science Center, a burger patty made with pink slime contains 0.02 grams of ammonia per 100 grams of meat — but bleu cheese contains almost seven times as much.

Here are 10 foods with more ammonia than your slimy, slimy burger:

Cheese. Oh my god, cheese is like an ammonia warehouse. Domestic bleu cheese topped the list with 0.138 grams of ammonia per 100 grams, but cheddar (0.11), beer cheese (0.092), American cheese (0.081), and a couple types I’ve never heard of all ranked.

Salami, 0.11 grams of ammonia per 100 grams.

Peanut butter, 0.049 grams per 100.

Mayonnaise, 0.041 grams per 100.

Ketchup, 0.035.

Gelatin, 0.034.

Onions, 0.027.

Potato chips, 0.024, though I imagine the brand and flavor would matter.

Brewer’s yeast, 0.022.

Margarine, 0.021
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    waste not want not
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    And what about ammonium bicarbonate, isn't that what baking powder is made from? Don't think Jamie Oliver is going to sue Betty Crocker any time soon.

Again...not defending mc Donald's food...but, I think we have to be careful with the type of arguments that are formulated.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    And what about ammonium bicarbonate, isn't that what baking powder is made from? Don't think Jamie Oliver is going to sue Betty Crocker any time soon.

Again...not defending mc Donald's food...but, I think we have to be careful with the type of arguments that are formulated.

sodium bicarbonate