Hungry!!! Expert Advise Needed

Options
So I'm alloted roughly 1400 calories a day-1700 if I exercise. I'm starving. I eat 4 to 5 times a day. And I'm hungry 4 to 5 times a day and in the middle of the night. Any suggestions on how to make my calorie allowance work for me.

Replies

• teerene
    Options
    how much water are you drinking?
    Water always helps to fill me up.. 8-16 ounces before a meal and 8-16 ounces after..
  • joan41
    joan41 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    eat more fiber. Whole wheat bread, and drink plenty of water
  • savannahgur
    savannahgur Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I eat little cheese squares and fruit for snacks..seems to hold me over for longer and not alot of calories..just a thought
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I second the water because when I don't drink enough I get EXACTLY the same....I feel like I can't eat enough. So it is a must you get 8 glasses of water a day. I have this bottle that fits 3 8oz glasses in it and I have goals throught the day. One bottle with breakfast (thats 3)....another bottle with lunch (another 3)....then one more with dinner (another 3....so not just 8 but 9 for the day)! I know its hard because I hated the taste of water but force yourself for a week or so and then you will start to like it....I did!

Hope this helps!:drinker:
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    More protein and complex carbs, not simple carbs and lots of veggies.
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey Sherelly,

you should add more vegetables. I see you are eating a lot of ground beef. you may want to try chicken breast. Try to take out snacks so your meals can be more fulfilling. water is good too. Drink as much as you can stand and then force down a couple more ounces. My big thing is stay busy. when I am sitting around doing nothing I tend to be "hungry".

If you have to have sweets try the 90 cal Pudding or I freeze the raspberry cheesecake yogurt (Yoplait) and it's almost like ice cream.

I also take gummy vitamins so there are like my candy allowance.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Protein also helps you feel more full, since it takes longer to digest. Be sure to drink water before and during your meal. It makes a big difference.
  • MrBuckeye
    Options
    I am packing my lunch daily. I like the Natures Own 9 grain bread. Only 35 calories a slice. Add Boars Head turkey, make grilled cheese, eggs and toast, etc. Fills me up. You could also have some Progresso light soups.
  • laceynickel
    Options
    Try Shirataki noodles. You can add them into soup, make pasta dishes, etc. They are very low calorie and also very filling. Also, the fiber advise is great. I add Fiber Sprinkle into any foods that are moist - yogurt, pasta sauces, soup, etc.
  • MissMessVaness
    MissMessVaness Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    don't waste your calories on any empty calories like juices or refined flour foods like tortillas. They take up way too many calories, make your want more, and don't keep you full. Fill up on fruits, (apple w/ reduced fat peanut butter is my fave) veggies, and whole wheat items. Also what works for me sometimes is to start my morning off with scrambled egg whites with whole wheat bread (sara lee 45 calories and delightful is my fave choice) and sometimes mix in some veggies like onions, green chile, or whatever else and that really does fill me up and keep my calories low! Its a hefty sandwich with very low calories which helps me get through the day a little easier! Good luck to you!
  • Sherelly
    Options
    I eat what's on sale. But I will definately give chicken breast another chance since it's on sale this week!
  • fretbret
    Options
    Hmm a cup of milk and fiber cereal helps me - about 300 calories.
  • LizzieBee17
    LizzieBee17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I know how that is.. It's hard to eat healthy on a budget. If I come across some go recipes I will send them your way. I would also eat a lot of eggs. They are cheap and if you only eat the egg white it's only 16 calories. So I use one whole egg because the yolk does have great nutritional value. and add a few egg whites. I add veggies and a light sprinkle of low fat cheese to make an omelet. Very filling.
  • Sherelly
    Options
    Thanks, LizzieBee:happy:
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Skip the fries and opt for the side of fruit instead (or a side salad with low cal dressing).
    Skip the fritos and grab an apple instead. where you're picking things like these two choices, you're trading in a huge volume of healthy food that will help you feel full and satisfied longer. :) I promise!!
    Try to get three to five servings of fruits and vegetables in a day (avoiding white potatoes, corn, etc.). Go for a sweet potato with a little "I can't believe it's not butter" and a touch of splenda and cinnamon, and things like that.

Avoid things that people have processed. The closer things are to nature, the more food you'll be able to eat and the more satisfied you'll be.

Hang in there. If you ever need someone like me to review your food diary for you, message me. I do it for my clients, via this website, all the time. :)

Good luck to you!!! Hang in there!!
  • Sherelly
    Options
    Yesterday was a special treat for me. A few errands and 2 doctor's appointments to discuss smoking cessation. Besides, how do you eat a baked potato and salad while driving.

I don't mind at all if you review my diary but you got to look at more than just one special, planned binge day.
  • 81dohair
    Options
    my appetite leveled off a little bit a few weeks in. Hope yours will too. Remember that protein fills you up better than carbs. Eat grilled chicken breast and stuff like that.
  • Sherelly
    Options
    HI 81. I'm hoping that my hunger will eventually taper off as well. I think I'm trying to stretch too few calories across too many hours. I eat breakfast at 6 am and my lunch isn't until 11 am. I'm a little dizzy by then.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and I dont see enough food on there!!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Fill up on foods that don't count. I eat HUGE salads but only count the dressing. They are a lifesaver.

Charmagne