Scale vs Inches

Options
2»

Replies

• GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Both. I want to be at a healthy weight and have healthy measurements :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Not really a matter of one vs another as I use both and try to focus on both for many of the reasons already mentioned.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    The number on the scale is just a measure of total weight at a given moment. It has nothing to do with how I look or feel or how healthy I am. I do not have a goal weight because "weight" is not my goal.

My goal is to be the very best "me" I can be. I achieve my goal by eating healthy foods, working out regularly, and getting enough sleep.

I take my measurements once a month. Shrinking measurements & the fact that I have to keep buying smaller clothes are proof that what I'm doing is working. Not to mention that I feel so much better & am getting more physically fit all the time.
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Inches and BF%...I'm currently 6 Lbs heavier than I was when I hit my goal...arbitrary scale weight is arbitrary....

20121228_165238.jpg

^^^^Here's me last February @ 185 Lbs...

20131124_151450.jpg

^^^Now at 186 Lbs.

Scale weight is stupid and irrelevant.

^THIS right here! (you look awesome btw)
  • Lillyloooo
    Lillyloooo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Trying to forget the scale
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I care how I feel, how my clothing fits and what I see in the mirror.
  • jrknotts
    jrknotts Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Inches.

The scale is going up but I look much much better!
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The feeling and the inches baby! In that order. I carry my weight well so no matter what I weight people will always think I weight less. So it really doesnt matter. The scale can suck it :laugh:
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    I track both...weigh every day and measure once a month. I stay within a certain weight range and if I lose inches that's great. I also measure body fat and go by how my clothes feel...all things in combination.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Both depending on where I'm at in my journey. When I fist started my journey years ago, I was 185 with a BMI of 36. So back then I was focused on the scale. When I lost the weight I wanted I started working on the body I wanted (not just skinny but fit). So now the scale is up and down (not much) but I'm noticing my waist is smaller, my legs more lean, and my arms are starting to look nice. The scale doesn't freak me out and I still use it as a gauge but I let my working out and mirror do the talking.
  • JessyLovesJCS
    JessyLovesJCS Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Both.

I've been very frustrated with the scale lately. No loss in weeks. :sigh: But I just took measurements and have lost 5 inches over all, including 2 inches from waist and 1.5 from thighs. :shrug:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Mirror
  • ladywizard43
    ladywizard43 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think inches are the most important, although I do use the scale too to keep me on the right track. I just don't panic if it goes up and down a little, especially when I know I'm doing things the right way. I hadn't lost actual scale weight in a few months, but by tracking my inches I know they have gone down dramatically. My body composition is changing and the inches show that. I still weigh regularly though to keep myself accountable and see the progress there too, but don't let myself get too wrapped up in that number.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Inches. 100%. It's nice to see a number go down on the scale, but it means nothing if I'm not looking smaller.
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I used to be all about the scale. I lost about 30 pounds and then gave up when the scale wouldn't move anymore. So here I am again on about the 10 millionth time and this time I am focusing on losing inches and seeing the change in how my clothes fit. Because in all reality, that is what others see...not the number on your scale. (Because who shows other people the number?!?)