People asking if you're pregnant

Options
Okay, I've just had the 3rd person since Thanksgiving ask me if I'm pregnant. I'm just curious how other people handle this? I can't get angry, many of these people are patients in the office I work in. It's just really frustrating, because I don't think my tummy even sticks out that far...

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Tell 'em you have a food baby.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Or you can give the supremely awkward "No, I'm not pregnant" and watch them try to come up with something to say.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just have a "glow" about you because you're excited about your weight loss and happier? I get asked A LOT who I'm dating because I look so different and it shows in my attitude.
  • FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    "With a food baby, but I am working on a natural abortion.":bigsmile:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    maybe it's a pickup line and you haven't heard the follow up....
    wanna be??? \m/
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Say yes, quintuplets and you appreciate them asking and will be needing help. They will never speak to you again. Win!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    maybe it's a pickup line and you haven't heard the follow up....
    wanna be??? \m/

Best pick up line, imho
  • tabcatme
    Options
    So glad I'm not the only person this happens to. Though I must say I hadn't had it for many months, then yesterday a patient says to me 'oh an expectant mother how lovely'. I just say no not me it must be the top I'm wearing.
    Mind you I am 53 so my friends tell me I should feel flattered that they think I look young enough to be pregnant.
    I have had a woman actually rub my tummy and ask when I was due, and another patient who I hadn't seen for a few months asked me what I'd had. What's that about! It does mean though that I would never assume another person was pregnant because it is annoying.
  • Sexier_than_wonderwoman
    Options
    One time at work I was asked when I was due by a vendor. I was made because I finally looked smaller in my closthes. i said "pregnant!! I am still a virgin" He turned red and to this day when he walks in my lobby he wont talk to me. haha
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Well? Are you?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've just had the 3rd person since Thanksgiving ask me if I'm pregnant. I'm just curious how other people handle this? I can't get angry, many of these people are patients in the office I work in. It's just really frustrating, because I don't think my tummy even sticks out that far...

you were supposed to carve the turkey before eating it. It's not a "whole" food.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    "Nope, just fat."

or

"No. Are you?"

or

"Yes" and then you never have a baby because... you aren't pregnant
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I was at my uncle's memorial service when someone congratulated my mother on my pregnancy. She looked at this guy like he was one crazy *kitten* and informed him that I was clearly not pregnant I'm 130lbs! I was a little pissed but I just chalked it up to the hippie dress I was wearing. I do have to wonder what he thought of all the cocktails I was swilling...

It is an unspoken rule that you NEVER assume anyone is pregnant until they are literally squeezing out a baby. You can think it, you just never say it.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Them: Are you pregnant?
    You: Did you have a satisfying bowel movement this morning?
    Them: What?
    You: Oh, my mistake, I thought we were playing a game where we ask each other really inappropriate questions.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I get asked this all the time. I just assume it's because they know my history.
  • musiqueange
    musiqueange Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When I was between 14-16 (I can't remember) a younger girl in my neighborhood asked me if I was pregnant. I weighed probably between 170-180 lbs at the time - I don't know how much it was back then. I told her no and that it was rude to ask people that question. I never spoke to her again. Some people just don't have manners... :(
  • Ailorn
    Ailorn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Them: Are you pregnant?
    You: Did you have a satisfying bowel movement this morning?
    Them: What?
    You: Oh, my mistake, I thought we were playing a game where we ask each other really inappropriate questions.

love that :)
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I used to get this a lot before I had kids. Now that I've had kids and I usually have my 1 year old with me I think people just assume I'm still carrying baby weight. When I worked in a bakery I always said "I have a bakery baby." But since then I just say nope and try and get away from them as quick as I can :laugh: I feel like it's an awkward situation for the person asking too so I just try and get out of there!