Women 5'6" - 5'7" - 5'8" How many calories do you eat daily?

Options

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I am 41, 5ft 7 lift 3x a week and eat 1600 a day and when I behave myself....I lose 1lb a week.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hmm this is interesting.

I'm 5'8'' and currently 147lbs and eating 1600 - 1700 calories per day (diary is open) but I don't eat back exercise calories so net is closer to 1200.

My weight loss is incredibly slow, in a month I have lost 1lb and somehow re-gained the same 1lb back a week later.

I train 6 days a week (5 days lifting, 3 or 4 HIIT sessions and 1 day of 45mins steady state cardio).

I've been researching and some suggest decreasing calories and others suggest increasing calories so i'm not sure how to get the scales moving.

Any ideas?

Do you have a food scale?
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and 156 pounds. I eat 1800 a day right now.. I have a desk job, I lift weights 5 nights a week for 40 minutes and run twice a week for 1-1.5 hours.
  • Stasha83
    Options
    Yes, I use digital scales and religiously weigh everything. I find measuring cups and spoons pretty inaccurate.

I cook and prepare all my own food so nothing is being secretly added.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    5'8 cw - 157 lbs Will probably lose a couple more lbs before maintaining. I want my muscle, I'm an athlete.

Currently I eat about 1600 cals a day and eat back about 50% of my exercise cals
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    5' 7", 178, I lift 4 times a week and do cardio and yoga each once a week. Currently maintaining on around 2000 calories a day. I shoot for 1800 to pull down the average, since I have some big eating days.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    5'6" and 158-160. I've been bouncing in that same two pound range for two months now. My daily goal is 1600 calories, but as it's the holidays I have been coming in higher than that probably twice a week, though I also don't eat back my exercise calories; that's probably why I'm maintaining (cancelling each other out...for now).

However, although I haven't lost weight, I have been using the tape measure faithfully for months and I'm losing inches. This week I lost a half inch from my waist; everything else stayed the same. Last week I showed a half inch loss from my thighs and a quarter inch from my waist, everything else staying the same. Since early October I've gone from a US pants size 12 to a size 10. My goal is an 8, with a 6 top (it's how I'm built).

Once I don't have any more family / work / club holiday dinners--I'm waaay too social anymore-- to attend, as I do try to make good choices but I'm human, I assume the weight will start to drop again because I won't be eyeballing portions and guessing at recipes. I also won't turn down cheesecake at this point; that stuff really only comes into my life one month of the year and I love it!

Most of my weight loss this year was in the 1500-1600/day range, with some exercise calories eaten back. Occasionally I shook it up by lowering my goal for a week, or raising it for a week.

Edit to add: Age: 28
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and I eat about 1,200/day.
  • MaeRenee94
    Options
    Height: 5'8''
    Weight: 150

I'm cutting right now hopefully to get too 140-135
    I'm eating at 1800 right now. I bulked at 2400 fir a month in a half.
  • gale1089
    Options
    What is 'super slow' to you?
    I started getting serious about exercising and eating right back in July.. and 6 months later I've only lost around 8 pounds. I see people on here losing a pound a week, and I'm at a pound a month :frown:

Thats because you have almost no weight to lose. You are already lean and cut if that picture is current. What is your goal anyways?
    Though I don't have much to lose, I still feel like my body fat % is too high. So lower my body fat, and lose a few more inches in my problem areas… (thighs, biceps, stomach/lowerback) Any ideas? My diary is open. Thanks for all the comments!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lose weight? I'm 57", 135lbs and 41 yrs old and on maintenance at 1770 cals and eat back my exercise cals.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 19, and 154 pounds. I eat 1510-1760 calories/day (or 2010 to maintain). I have my settings at lightly active, which includes my exercise because it's pretty consistent.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm 0.5" less than 5'6" (:laugh:), weigh 128 (130 as of this morning but it's TOM), am 37, and try to eat approx 1800 calories M-Thurs, and closer to 2300+ Fri-Sat-Sun. I have a desk job but work out daily. My average burn according to my BodyMedia is 2250.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I eat 1750 a day (using the TDEE -20% method)
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, 5'5, 132 pounds and I eat 2400/day. (TDEE -10%) Desk job with exercise six days a week (bodyweight 3x and walking 3x). I stalled out constantly on anything less than 2000.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What is 'super slow' to you?
    I started getting serious about exercising and eating right back in July.. and 6 months later I've only lost around 8 pounds. I see people on here losing a pound a week, and I'm at a pound a month :frown:

Thats because you have almost no weight to lose. You are already lean and cut if that picture is current. What is your goal anyways?
    Though I don't have much to lose, I still feel like my body fat % is too high. So lower my body fat, and lose a few more inches in my problem areas… (thighs, biceps, stomach/lowerback) Any ideas? My diary is open. Thanks for all the comments!

Honestly, I would propose that you do a few bulk/cut cycles. While I think you have a lot of definition, if you want more, you will probably need more mass. It's actually fairly common for people are at the lower end of an acceptable body weight. After a bulk/cut cycle, your effective body fat % will be lower due to the higher amount or muscle. While the example is a bit extreme, below is a good example of what happens when you increase muscle mass. If you want to see some other success stories, there are a bunch in the gaining weight section.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and 5'8" ... right now I weigh in at 190.4 ... Since October 12, 2013 I have lost 9.6lbs
    I have my calories set at sedative and MFP allows 1460
    I do TurboFire 6times per week plus my daily life; I wear a FitBit and I eat half of my "FitBit adjustment"calories back.

So far it works great for me, I adjust every 5lbs lost.
    Once the weight loss slows I make more adjustments

I am looking at a target weight of 160 to 165 ... although I am more jeans size oriented, striving for a 10 there
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    5"6 and something and currently about 145 lbs, was eating 1320 per day plus whatever exercise calories I ate back (was set to lose .5 kg/week because I eat work providIed lunch and don't know what goes into it) but I've been really hungry lately so I bumped it up to losing .25 kg/week at 1500 calories or thereabouts just yesterday, we'll see how that works. I don't know that I'll eat back all of my exercise calories at this level as I worry about what's going into my food that I don't know about.
  • GardenOfSongs
    GardenOfSongs Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm 24, 5'7" and about 132lbs. I'm sedentary during the day (desk job) and exercise 3-4x a week.

I have my calories set at 1450, and I eat back my exercise calories on my workout days.
    I'm not sure if this amount is right though. My progress is super slow, but I'm still seeing progress.

How many calories do you eat in a day? Am I on the right track?

I'm 20, 5'7 and 168lbs at the moment (down from 176ish). I've been eating 1200 calories and exercising 6x a week but have just re-set my calorie goal to 1500 having read some posts on the topic... I've also started an Xmas temp job at a busy department store so figure I should probably be eating more than I have! Aiming for a balance of 40% protein/carbs and 20% fat on advice from a fitness guru friend!
  • rachelakai2
    rachelakai2 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 33 years old. I weigh 130lbs I eat between 2200 - 2400 calories a day.