looking for a good support group

Options
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this site, and I just started my new healthy lifestyle 2 weeks ago, since then I've lost 5.5 pounds! I want to keep myself motivated this time around, to make a true lifestyle change. I would welcome any friends that might want to offer any support or advice. I live in Kentucky, and I have at least 200 pounds to lose!

Replies

• lainey137
    Options
    Happy for you to add me as a friend- no one on this site is anything less that 100% supportive and positive.
  • SharonsJetSet
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm very supportive. I'll definitely comment on your accomplishments.

One thing I feel strongly about is, everyone has to have their own form of motivation. I have written a blog about it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/SharonsJetSet/view/my-motivation-to-lose-weight-forever-46983

What motivates me may not (and probably wont) work for you. But I can recommend going to the success topics often, those usually inspire me to keep at it.

Good luck and add me as your friend, I promise I'll support and encourage you
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Congrats on weight loss so far!! This will be one of hardest journeys you will ever take. But you and your family is worth it! MFP really does work if you work it.

I have tried to lose weight myself several times.... I had weight loss surgery in 2004 and lost almost 300 pounds. I gained back 80 of those pounds and I am in process of getting those 80 pounds off. When I get those pounds off, I will worry about the next 80.....:-)

I am using below to get the rest of my weight off:

Perseverance (never giving up the fight)

Patience (you are not going to lose weight every week and there will be bumps along the way, you have to be patient with the process and yourself)

Positive (no beating yourself up. We can be our worst critics. Negative thinking will keep you fat. Positive thinking is so much more productive)

Lastly, Consistentcy and not perfection is necessary. (no more all or nothing stinking thinking. No one is perfect, so do not set the bar so high that when you your have a bad day you feel like a failure)

You can do this honey!! You just have to believe you can! The key to success is to never give up. If you do that you will succeed Tammy. Feel free to add me to your support team!