Sugar Goal Failure!!!

Options
MFP, Is it me or does anyone else rarely meet their sugar goal. I always go over my goal. Everything either has sugar or salt in it.:ohwell:

Replies

• BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    You are not the only one, my wife and i both noticed that we are usually at or over on our sugars by lunch time if we have a small bowl of cereal for breakfast and a banana for a snack.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It's SOOO hard!!! If I allow myself my one treat, a small skinny vanilla latte, it pretty much caps my sugar out in one fell swoop. Stupid Starbucks...
  • tina8884
    Options
    I almost always go over too. I even switched from sugar to splenda, and I don't really eat sugary things. All of my sugars come from things like fruits and yogurt. I don't really pay too much mind to it because I know it's not from bad foods I am eating.
  • porkerella
    Options
    I've noticed this too so it's reassuring to hear others go over too. I had weetabix, banana and blueberries this morning for breakfast and it sent my sugar intake right up!!! I thought that if sugar came from fruit rather than refined sugar it might be ok.....
  • avgulik
    avgulik Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, all I have to do is have one piece of fruit and I'm over! I don't even have a sweet tooth and I have to watch this very carefully - sodium I find tough too.

I don't worry about it as long as I'm eating healthy foods:happy:
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I very rarely meet the goals for sugar or sodium. Usually I get about half of both.. Even though I lowered the sodium goal to 1500 mg which is what they recommend here.
    I wonder if it's bad to get only half of what those goals are..