Wheat and dairyless breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm wheat and dairy free. My favorite is oatmeal cooked in almond milk. I sometimes have quinoa cooked in almond milk, instead. If I'm in a hurry I have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (on toasted corn tortillas instead of bread) and some fruit. I like the idea (above) about the mashed sweet potatoes. That sounds like a fun breakfast!

P.S. I recently tried the GF Bisquick mix. I made waffles. They were crispy and delicious. I think I like them better than regular waffles. I wasn't that fond of the biscuits, though.
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My wife has issues with both gluten and dairy, so most of my diet at home reflects that. I often make fruit smoothies, using lactose-free protein powder (and peanut butter and soymilk or almond milk and frozen fruit). Or I have toast (Udi's makes a pretty nice GF bread), with peanut butter. I also have a recipe for peanut butter/cinnamon brown rice that I sometimes have. Add me as a friend if you like, then peek around my diary for ideas.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant and gluten resistant.

I can handle some dairy, including greek yogurt, as long as I keep it to one serving a day. My typical breakfast is greek yogurt plus fresh fruit, honey, and nuts.
  • yanglovesmj
    yanglovesmj Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    you can have some quinoa, soak some chia seeds and put them with your cooked quinoa. its just replacing oats with quinoa and adding some cinnamon or sweetener if you prefer to it. i cant emphasise more about how great quinoa is. you have to try it, its super good for savoury dishes too :) oh instead of milk, you can have almond, soy or rice milk as well
  • pusheen12
    pusheen12 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oatmeal with fruit. (I add natural applesauce, raisins and cinnamon).

To cook quickly for the morning: the night before, boil the water add the oats, cover and let sit overnight. In a.m. microwave desired amount for about a minute or so. Save remainder for other days in fridge.

Healthy and filling.
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    For breakfast on the go I like to heat up Canadian bacon in a skillet until a little browned & use them as a sandwich for an egg :) I have these little cast iron ramekins that I bake single eggs in with lots of spices, they're really yummy and make you feel like you're eating a ham & egg breakfast muffin sans muffin
  • scrumdidlly
    scrumdidlly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    and at 3-4 times the price they're really not in the budget