Yoga DVDs

Options
I'm looking for a good beginner yoga video. I've done several and haven't found one I've liked enough to keep doing. I would like something relaxing to stretch my body well before bed. Any suggestions?

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend Rodney Yee's AM Yoga For Your Week. Of course, you could do this at night. It is a dvd with 5 different 25 minute yoga routines that each focus on something different.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I love the Gaiam AM/PM Pilates DVD.... which is, I know, Pilates......... and I would recommend the AM one for your PM bedtime routine....... but aside from all of those asides, I love it! It is very relaxing and calming, and it was filmed on a beach in Hawaii, so right there you feel peaceful with the gentle waves flowing in and out.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I tried a Rodney Yee video once before and liked it.. he's great at the descriptive part so you don't have look at the screen.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,787 Member
    Options
    I like all the Rodney Yee videos, but you didn't mention which videos you didn't like.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I like all the Rodney Yee videos, but you didn't mention which videos you didn't like.

You're right.. I've tried several yoga for health, Jenny Cornero videos. Also several Healing Yoga videos with Charles Matkin and Lisa Matkin. I also tried a 10 minute solution - yoga and i liked that because you could choose the relaxing segment and it was only 10 minutes. Perhaps something a little longer would be nice but I prefer it to not be too lengthy. I tried these from Neflix instant selection with the thought that I'd like to try it before I buy it. That's why I posted looking for suggestions of what other people liked. I took a class I really liked and I guess I'm looking for something more like that. The class was called "Gentle Yoga". Thanks!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,787 Member
    Options
    For Gentle yoga, go with the AM/PM or AM yoga for your week. Stay away from anything with "power" in it, as it's more of a workout.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    LOVE Body by Bethenny. Not sure how beginner it is, though. I'm a yoga beginner, but I'm a life-long dancer and I still struggle with some of the poses. THAT said, the attitude of the video makes it okay that I struggle.

Charmagne
  • vangirhl
    vangirhl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like Bryan Kest's Power Yoga series. It is challenging and fun. Very descriptive, too.
    http://www.amazon.com/Bryan-Kest-Power-Complete-Collection/dp/B0001WTWYC
  • Hotbottom
    Hotbottom Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    on my beachbody there is a booty yoga DvD: I haven't tried it, but it looked ok