Back on the Wagon (in search of thighs that don't touch)

Options
Hey MFP-ites. I'm returning back to this amazing site and would love some friends for the journey. I just got a new FitBit Force and am pysched to get back to health. Please be my friend! I'm a mid-30s working mom in San Francisco. I dream of a day that my thunder thighs no longer touch. Who's with me?

Replies

• Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! I wil be happy to be on the journey with you. Feel free to add me if you would like
  • tlcarolinagirl
    tlcarolinagirl Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am with you. Sounds like we got a lot in common. I want to lose my thunder thighs and the dreaded back fat! We can do this!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    My thunder thigh are back too!
  • ChristineinMA
    ChristineinMA Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Welcome back - but don't make "thigh gap" a priority. My personal opinion is that it is overrated and unhealthy.

Work to have a strong body that can carry you through life!
  • bpcreel
    bpcreel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am also in search of thighs that don't touch! Add me if you want some more friends! :-)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Welcome back - but don't make "thigh gap" a priority. My personal opinion is that it is overrated and unhealthy.

This! Lift heavy and start yesterday. Welcome back and good luck. :flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/977538-halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1045433-women-lifting-heavy-with-pics
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/987513-lifting-is-the-most-horrible-thing-to-a-woman-since-twiggy
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Did you have thigh gap before you gained weight? Some women get it by virtue of having hips that work that way.
    I myself would be waaaaaayyyyyyy underweight before I ever got to thigh gap (happened once... at 5'8 and 104 lbs. and no, I wasn't actually trying to lose weight)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Like a thigh gap? :noway:
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    My thighs still kinda rub together when I walk, just not as bad! Welcome back though, sent you a friend request! We've got this :)
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I dream of a day that my thunder thighs no longer touch. Who's with me?

I dream of those days too!! :) Welcome back!! I gained 10lbs over the course of 2013 and I am just now slowly getting it back off... just stick with MFP and you can do it!! :)
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hey MFP-ites. I'm returning back to this amazing site and would love some friends for the journey. I just got a new FitBit Force and am pysched to get back to health. Please be my friend! I'm a mid-30s working mom in San Francisco. I dream of a day that my thunder thighs no longer touch. Who's with me?

Love it!!!
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options

I'm losing everywhere BUT my thighs...I'm NOT stressing over the thigh gap, I just figure I'm part mermaid! (and what girl doesn't secretly want to be a mermaid?) :bigsmile:
    My thighs are my lifting muscle, required for my daily activities. I don't dead lift in a gym, but the 75 pound STRYKER stretcher with a 300 pound patient on it being lifted into the ambulance several times a day is part of my work out! I definitely agree on the "Work to have a strong body that can carry you through life!" (and to carry, and care for, the sick and injured!) Rock on!
    Thanks for the reminder that "thigh gap" is not all that! :heart:
  • blueeyez1727
    blueeyez1727 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    trying to restart this journey as well...looking for motivation and pals! :)
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thighs that dont touch (during a normal stance) and a thigh gap (gap when feet are together and determined by bone structure and not just being skinny) are two different things.... ppl need to calm down
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

I'm losing everywhere BUT my thighs...I'm NOT stressing over the thigh gap, I just figure I'm part mermaid! (and what girl doesn't secretly want to be a mermaid?) :bigsmile:
    My thighs are my lifting muscle, required for my daily activities. I don't dead lift in a gym, but the 75 pound STRYKER stretcher with a 300 pound patient on it being lifted into the ambulance several times a day is part of my work out! I definitely agree on the "Work to have a strong body that can carry you through life!" (and to carry, and care for, the sick and injured!) Rock on!
    Thanks for the reminder that "thigh gap" is not all that! :heart:
    great post!!! Definitely my proiority as well... healthy and strong makes me feel good about myself.:flowerforyou:
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Thighs that dont touch (during a normal stance) and a thigh gap (gap when feet are together and determined by bone structure and not just being skinny) are two different things.... ppl need to calm down

Not seeing anyone else getting butthurt, darlin'. :flowerforyou:
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    How about a goal of "health" or "longevity" or just about anything. Seriously. I can't have a thigh gap even if I was about 40 pounds underweight... well maybe that's not you but still. Get a real goal that's not so shallow, meaningless, and maybe even unachievable. Yeah, I'm being "mean". Come on, beautiful ladies (that means ALL OF YOU) let's focus on things that matter! Loving ourselves, appreciating our bodies, looking after our health first and foremost, raising healthy families.... and maybe even working towards doing good things that will make the world just a slightly better place after our short time here is done. :flowerforyou:
  • jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    How about a goal of "health" or "longevity" or just about anything. Seriously. I can't have a thigh gap even if I was about 40 pounds underweight... well maybe that's not you but still. Get a real goal that's not so shallow, meaningless, and maybe even unachievable. Yeah, I'm being "mean". Come on, beautiful ladies (that means ALL OF YOU) let's focus on things that matter! Loving ourselves, appreciating our bodies, looking after our health first and foremost, raising healthy families.... and maybe even working towards doing good things that will make the world just a slightly better place after our short time here is done. :flowerforyou:

I rarely do this, but who are you to determine her goals are shallow?
  • twistina57
    Options
    I'm back on this journey as well...everyone has their own reasons, but I'm with you!