Yummy McDonald's??

Options
124»

Replies

• Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I know there are arguments for and against fast food. For me it boils down to one thing: I don't like how fast food makes me feel when I eat it. It messes me up in every way so the taste of it just isn't worth the consequences.
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    I like their coffee and fries................ everyting in moderation
  • kneega
    kneega Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Didnt read/10 but I eat mc donalds all the time hehe (srs)
  • latewinter
    Options
    im still never giong to step foot inside a mcdonalds ever
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

That's cool. I prefer the drive-thru myself.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Strong copy pasta...

...and by that I mean plagiarism. Attribution to the actual author would have been nice. This appears to be the original source: http://politicalblindspot.com/hamburger-chef-jamie-oliver-proves-mcdonalds-burgers-unfit-for-human-consumption/ but honestly, citing *any* source would have been better than nothing.

Also, how did you avoid hearing about this when it first happened?

I did quote original article after...forgot to do so in the first place. Mi Scusi to all plagiarism Hitlers in this world!
    Thats right man, your lucky you were not being graded.......Immediate F and kicked out of the school. But, in MFP its just a yelling at;) Sarcasm intended
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Pretty insidious really.....especially considering how they market to children with all the clown stuff.

inorite?

That creepy clown keeps breaking into my house at night and force-feeding Happy Meals to my children...

...and during the day, my 9- and 12-year olds keep taking the family car and buying that "food".

Evil...pure evil...how this company is compelling children against the will of and without knowledge of their parents.

No...the clown programs the children who in turn beg you to take them to McDonald's....which you do apparently. So in reality you are being controlled by a make believe clown.

I do apparently? On what logic is that assumption based?

One of us is being strangely affected by this clown. It isn't me.

The logic that I empirically trust my empathic abilities. Logic will only get you so far.

Apparently your empathic abilities are being affected by a clown with red hair and big shoes.

Logic will only get you so far *especially on MFP*. In fact, it's almost certainly a detriment to your enjoyment of the forums here.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I know there are arguments for and against fast food. For me it boils down to one thing: I don't like how fast food makes me feel when I eat it. It messes me up in every way so the taste of it just isn't worth the consequences.

This is how I feel about sauerkraut.
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I am certainly not going to defend mc Donald's and their mass produced industrial, processed food products. I prefer real food, and cooking things myself. But, a few things mentioned in OP's post bugs me.

1) what's wrong with eating the whole part of animals, like snout to tail eating? Are we supposed to eat only the chicken breast, and throw the remaining carcass in the garbage bin? Snout to tail eating is healthier I think, different nutrients in different parts of the animal. And reduces waste.
    2) the use of alkaline ingredients is used in other cooking techniques. For example, the Mayans have used lime for centuries to make corn tortillas, which breaks down the corn, releasing nutrients and making the food more digestible.

I saw this list of ammonia-containing foods, from link http://grist.org/list/ten-foods-with-more-ammonia-than-pink-slime/

According to the University of Michigan Risk Science Center, a burger patty made with pink slime contains 0.02 grams of ammonia per 100 grams of meat — but bleu cheese contains almost seven times as much.

Here are 10 foods with more ammonia than your slimy, slimy burger:

Cheese. Oh my god, cheese is like an ammonia warehouse. Domestic bleu cheese topped the list with 0.138 grams of ammonia per 100 grams, but cheddar (0.11), beer cheese (0.092), American cheese (0.081), and a couple types I’ve never heard of all ranked.

Salami, 0.11 grams of ammonia per 100 grams.

Peanut butter, 0.049 grams per 100.

Mayonnaise, 0.041 grams per 100.

Ketchup, 0.035.

Gelatin, 0.034.

Onions, 0.027.

Potato chips, 0.024, though I imagine the brand and flavor would matter.

Brewer’s yeast, 0.022.

Margarine, 0.021

I cant give up onions but I can give up everything else
  • messakins
    messakins Posts: 9 Member
    Options

That's cool. I prefer the drive-thru myself.

Me too.:bigsmile:
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So happy i gave up that garbage 2 years ago. Best decision i ever made.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

I am afraid of clowns.

scary-ronald-mcdonald.jpg
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,608 Member
    Options
    So happy i gave up that garbage 2 years ago. Best decision i ever made.
    Lol, when they say "you are what you eat", you wouldn't think that I have eaten that "garbage" for 40 years.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • strunch
    strunch Posts: 66 Member
    Options

I am afraid of clowns.

scary-ronald-mcdonald.jpg

lol!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I wish people would just stop complaining and eat food