help- over eating but losing weight

Options
I am 5ft4in and currently 111lbs and I have been overeating for the last two weeks and still losing weight which is starting to make me worry. I have calculated my BMR as 1250.

I have been ill and on bed rest last week .. I literally didn't move from bed at all, and massively over ate. I am averaging about 2300-2500 calories a day. This has continued this week although I am no longer on bed rest the only exercise I am getting is walking around the house.
During these two weeks of overeating I have gone from 116lbs to 111lbs. I defiantly thought I should have gained as the 116lbs start weight I was massively dehydrated after 48hours of vomiting.

Before this illness and two weeks of over eating I used to eat around 1100 calories a day and do a 5k run 3/4 times a week. This gave me a loss of about 2lbs a week.

So I hope that was enough information. My question is how/ why am I losing weight!?

Replies

• fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Your post seems scary. Are you saying you are sick, at home, in bed, and vomiting, while eating lots and losing weight? You need to go see a doctor. There may be many medical reasons why this is happening. For example, I know people who when they unknowingly became full-blown diabetics, we're losing weight rapidly and feeling like crap and sick all the time. I also know other people who lost incredible amounts of weight, vomiting and having all sorts of stomach issues, until their doctor discovered they were gluten intolerant.

Go see a doctor. Good luck.
  • pigeonhugger
    pigeonhugger Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    thanks for your reply.
    I was only vomiting for 48hours and not since. I was in hospital for the first week (hence being stuck in a bed) but have been home for a week, feeling fine. Just only worried about the weight loss thing
    I had my blood sugars monitored in hosp so not diabetes.
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    This question is definitely for your doctor, not MFP. Sorry you're sick, I hope you feel better soon!!
  • NataliaLueck
    NataliaLueck Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    when we're sick as when we are healthy, food is like medicine because it keeps us alive. Maybe when you were sick your body metabolized the food quickly because it needed it fight off whatever disease you had? Vomiting will make you lose tons of water so the weight you lost is most likely water weight. Five pounds is not too drastic though as weight will normally fluctuate due to water retention and subsequent loss. This can be caused by so many factors: hormones and menstruation, salt intake, physical activity, illness, etc. after being in the hospital with the vomiting, I"m sure the doctors told you to f/u with your regular physician to figure out the reason for the vomiting? Unless of course, you can trace it back to food poisoning?