Options
PLEASE LIST SOME STUFF LOW CALORIES STUFF

ALSO WHEN YOUR ON A DIET CAN YOU EAT BREAD IS IT GOOD FOR U WEN UR DIETING

Replies

• StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't be on a diet.
    you should learn to live your life healthy. you can have whatever you want, just in moderation. I don't do diets..... I just changed my habits and learned new ones! and learned to love exercise!!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat/grain bread is good, just be mindful of the calories and sodium levels.

Good things - veggies (pretty much unlimited here, fill up on em!), fruits, lean meats such as chicken and turkey, yogurt, cottage cheese, string cheese, beans, nuts. The more natural you buy (less processed) the better it is for you.

For sweet cravings I recommend skinny cow ice cream... you don't sacrifice the taste at all and save yourself on tons of calories. Or those Extra desert temptations gum are really good too, helps satisfy that sweet tooth and has very little calories.

Oh and of course lots and lots of water! :drinker:

Edit: I am also in agreement with everyone who has posted so far, if you want to keep the weight off long term think of it as a lifestyle change. Slowly incorporating better foods into your diet and leaving the bad foods in moderation. Diets are short term solutions, lifestyle changes are permanent :flowerforyou:
  • lv2r1de
    Options
    I agree with Stac...you definately have to change your way of thinking. It's a way of life not just a fad diet.
    As for food, the obvious, fresh fruits and veggies are great and low-cal too. They have low-cal bread out there at like 35 calories per slice. When I want something sweet, I'll grab a tub of fat free cool whip and eat a few tablespoons. It's almost like ice cream but with much less calories.
    You just really have to do your homework and incorporate better foods into your "diet" and make changes here and there. You'd be surprised at the difference. For instance, using Pam non-stick spray instead of oil while cooking. I wish you luck!
    Becky
  • krisdw
    krisdw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just try to eat natural.. fruits and veggies, lean meats and such. Most of them are low calorie, it just depends how much of it you eat.

I personally try to stay away from bread, but I'll have it on occasion. I'm kind of sensitive to carbs, but not everyone is the same. If you do eat bread, eat whole wheat or multi-grain.. stay away from the white stuff.
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Stac is right. If you look at this more like a lifestyle change it will be easier to manage. DIET is a 4 letter word these days.

Yes, bread is okay, it is recommended to use Whole Grain instead of White bread. Stop using anything white and go with anything with whole grain.

I learned a lot from reading other topics and getting health magazines. It is not easy at first, but you will get into a good routine soon and you won't know why you didn't do this earlier.

Another helpful tip, plan your meals ahead of time. At least a week at a time is a good idea, and if there is any cooking that needs to be done, do it at the beginning of the week and portion it out for each day. It makes it easier to grab and go.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • mamara79
    Options
    salmon and tuna are awesome. I have a good recipe for a salmon salad sandwich......friend me and you can look it up. Also, I started thinking less "diet" and more "nutrition". I use a LOT of minced Kale or turnip greens into foods. It's easy to add some totally awesome veggies to make any meal a healthier one.

Also, portion size.........if it says 1 cup.......get out a cup and measure it!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary if you want some examples - I am NOT on a diet. I have developed a healthy way of living. I prepare most of my meals from scratch (no canned sauces, frozen dinners, etc.) and that helps a lot. Eat fruits, veggies, lean proteins, and whole grains. Drink lots of water. Move your body. If you do those things, you will get healthy (and the scale will get the idea and move down, too)
  • kidzpastorlynn
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful... are you sure you want to diet? You don't look like you have anything to lose! But to answer your question whole grain breads that have 3-5 grams of fiber are good for you.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    salmon and tuna are awesome. I have a good recipe for a salmon salad sandwich......friend me and you can look it up. Also, I started thinking less "diet" and more "nutrition". I use a LOT of minced Kale or turnip greens into foods. It's easy to add some totally awesome veggies to make any meal a healthier one.

Also, portion size.........if it says 1 cup.......get out a cup and measure it!

I love Kale! You should bake it!
  • korybee
    korybee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I eat a 3-egg white omlet with 1 1/8-inch thick slice of diced ham and 1/8 cup low moisture part skim shredded mozzerella for 105-115 calories...sometimes I add a couple jalepenos if I wanna spice things up.
  • Aamilah
    Aamilah Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree with stac.
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, honey, and fruit!