Toppings for popcorn?

Options

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Depends what I am in the mood for...parm. cheese, Old Bay, coconut oil (I pop them with this), cumin, or just plain ole butter. I also like a little sugar/cinnamon/salt/butter combo from time to time. So flavorful and so good!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Chorizo powder

OMG FROM WHERE!?

I like a dash of parmesian cheese and granulated garlic.
  • greenhudler
    Options
    Chorizo powder
    Oh my god YES! (I'm assuming you mean a mix of chorizo spices, but that's what I get for assuming)

Airpopper then add in my typical toppings (always added after some grassfed butter):
    * Taco seasoning mix or Chorizo spice mix
    * Parmesan & garlic (has to be grated parm, which I usually forget to buy...I prefer shaved)
    * Nutritional yeast & garlic
    * Hot chocolate mix (trust me...TRUUUUST ME)
    * Cinnamon
  • greenhudler
    Options
    Chorizo powder

This is a thing???? Where did you get it??
    IDK if what he's talking about is the same as what I do -- but I commonly put a mix of chorizo spices on mine :). It's TASTY.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I pop kernels in a brown paper bag in the microwave, spray it with vinegar and sprinkle with salt or salt substitute. That's as low calorie as I can get it and it's pretty good :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Chorizo powder

This is a thing???? Where did you get it??
    IDK if what he's talking about is the same as what I do -- but I commonly put a mix of chorizo spices on mine :). It's TASTY.

Render fat from chorizo, mix with 40% the weight of the rendered fat with tapioca maltodextrin to powder it
  • sdionnemoore
    sdionnemoore Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I got my White Cheddar powder from Wal-Mart. They have a huge selection of different flavors. I pop in a paper bag, spritz with spray oil and shake on the powder. Brand is Kernel Season's.

1/4 tsp=2 cals
    sodium=75mg
    protein=0
    carb=0
    fat=0

Hope that helps someone!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    - togarashi powder
    - crumbled kale chips (these are the chips that i baked too long in the oven and they just get too dry and flaky. i crumble this and use it as seasoning)
    - mix of butter and sriracha
  • greenhudler
    Options
    - togarashi powder
    - crumbled kale chips (these are the chips that i baked too long in the oven and they just get too dry and flaky. i crumble this and use it as seasoning)
    Holy crap -- butter and sriracha?? That sounds amazing. I will definitely be doing that tomorrow!!
    I also have done the kale chips, love it!
  • dreams_only_last
    Options
    Air popped with a sprinkling of PB2!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    - togarashi powder
    Holy crap -- butter and sriracha?? That sounds amazing. I will definitely be doing that tomorrow!!
    I also have done the kale chips, love it!

the buttery srirach is a bit decadent, but it helps make that 1000th viewing of Two Towers just that much more special :laugh:
  • Schlackity
    Schlackity Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I also found chorizo spice on Amazon...not sure if it's the same thing, but it might be.

I eat popcorn 5-6 nights a week. What goes on it depends on my mood....sometimes a little melted butter, sometimes parmesan cheese, sometimes cinnamon and sugar, sometimes just salt.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Melted butter, brown sugar, and marshmallows.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options

Who needs popcorn when you have this!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

Who needs popcorn when you have this!

I'm tellin ya, it's heavenly!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    cauliflower

/thread
  • speedy740
    speedy740 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If u like peanut butter I promise u will ❤️LOVE LOVE this...and it's pretty healthy.
    So make your air pop kernals I made 2.5 cups popped. Set aside. Melt 1 tbsp of peanut butter about 30 secs. In the microwave. Mix in about 1 small marble size of coconut oil just to thin it out. Re-melt. Using a tsp drizzle just a little bit on top of the popcorn, mix and repeat. When u r done place it in the freezer for 10 mins *important* This is such a good snack!!! Please try it if u like peanut butter I promise u will love it!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Spray butter and White cheddar powder.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Air popped with tons of cinnamon and melted peanut butter.
  • bleumuffin
    Options
    Parmesan cheese. Mmmm