To cut or not to cut?? your opinions please friends...

Options

Replies

• EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    way too long! It needs a good trim. Change is good.
  • PrincetteNerdlord
    Options
    If you do cut it DO NOT donate to locks of love, I've heard some pretty sketchy stuff. Donate to some other charity.
  • AZChild
    AZChild Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your hair is beautiful, no question. How do you FEEL about cutting it? I had long hair forever, though not as lovely as yours. One day I just thought it would be nice to see what else it could do. Through a series of incremental cuts, I discovered that my very fine hair is also nicely curly. I now have a skilled stylist who actually studies how the hair grows, and is able to cut it to best advantage. Now my routine is so simple: Wash, rinse, towel dry; run my fingers through it to pull it up a bit from the roots, and I'm done. It air-dries. And my hair is very healthy. When long, the weight of it kept pulling it out at the roots.

I'm occasionally wistful about long hair--and I'm also wistful about the age I was when I had it. While the hair will grow, the clock won't reverse. One thing I did learn: I am not my hair, and vice versa. If you feel like your hair is managing you, think of trying a change. If you'd cry if you cut it, you can always wait. Whatever you do, make yourself happy. You raised the question for a reason.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Cut and donate for cancer patients. I personally like long hair, but I think it would look better 12" shorter.

I've seen many women and children going through treatments feeling unattractive because the loss of hair. Some adults continue to work and try to live a normal live and don't want the attention or the feeling of pity. Its not that they are ashamed, its just nice to blend in the crowds at the store or school functions sometimes.

I've sat receiving treatments in a chemo chair next to many that are in tears the day it falls out. I assure you, its one of the best gifts you can give to someone.

This is a very special gift to give to someone going through chemo to save their lives. I had breast cancer but did not have chemo so kept my hair. My sister wasn't was lucky and it was the hardest part of the disease for her, losing her hair. Women connect a lot with our hair as a sense of sensuality and desirability. You have lots to spare and you will never regret giving someone an opportunity to feel beautiful while going through the disease and the recovery
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I think tapered down to the middle of your back would look awesome! : )
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Cut and donate for cancer patients. I personally like long hair, but I think it would look better 12" shorter.

I've seen many women and children going through treatments feeling unattractive because the loss of hair. Some adults continue to work and try to live a normal live and don't want the attention or the feeling of pity. Its not that they are ashamed, its just nice to blend in the crowds at the store or school functions sometimes.

I've sat receiving treatments in a chemo chair next to many that are in tears the day it falls out. I assure you, its one of the best gifts you can give to someone.

This is a very special gift to give to someone going through chemo to save their lives. I had breast cancer but did not have chemo so kept my hair. My sister wasn't was lucky and it was the hardest part of the disease for her, losing her hair. Women connect a lot with our hair as a sense of sensuality and desirability. You have lots to spare and you will never regret giving someone an opportunity to feel beautiful while going through the disease and the recovery

If I do decide to cut it I will definately donate it, I can appreciate how much someone could benefit from my hair so I wouldn't just waste it I would give it to charity no question.. thank you for your comment,

~Charlie
  • PearshapedBarbie
    Options
    cut
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I love the hair. Maybe use a trim.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    cut that stuff and get a great style. It is flat and blah right now. Trust me you will look and feel much better.
  • charliex2202
    Options
    cut that stuff and get a great style. It is flat and blah right now. Trust me you will look and feel much better.

hmm it was only flat in this pic because I had blow dried it, and bad lighting at nighttime dont help lol it is actually naturally wavy but still very very long cheers for your advice anyways
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I would say trim about 8-10 inches off, and it will look even more fabulous. My hair was about that length also, and I got it cut to about mid back a few months ago, and it looks so healthy now, I'm so glad I did it. But I feel ya, when it is that long it takes a real act of bravery to cut it :smile:

I love your color and you really have beautiful hair, so I would keep it one length and just trim it up. Either way, you look lovely :heart: .
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Your hair is about as long as mine, and you can easily cut off the required 10" and still have it below the shoulders so it would look the same from the front if you choose to do it. Your hair looks like it's in really good condition.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I agree with others about a major trim. Make it a bit more even along the bottom...maybe 6 inches. :) I'm trying to grow mine out another few inches and grow out layers. A friend of mine's hair seemed to grow over night. I asked her what she does, and amazingly enough...gets trims every 8 weeks. I guess it would help prevent breakage and look better. Sorry...little off topic.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Bulk another 2 months. Then cut.
  • AyeCorona
    AyeCorona Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Your hair looks very healthy!! As others have mentioned, I would suggest donating it. I've donated my hair 4 times- it grows like a weed. haha Locks of Love requires 12" and Pantene has a program called Beautiful Lengths that only requires 8". Most salons that participate in either program offer a free haircut for your donation. Good luck with your decision.
  • charliex2202
    Options
    Again love that so many of you are replying I promise if i do cut it I will donate it... :-)
    thanks so much for all the advice and suggestions,..

~Charlie
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Your hair is lovely! But whether or not you cut it is entirely up to you. There comes a time with very long hair when it just starts to annoy you, with some people that happens in their teens, with others it doesn't happen at all.
    I had my long hair cut off in my late 20s when I just got fed up with drying it for 40 minutes every time I washed it, had it cut into a long bob that was far easier to manage.
    Just bear in mind - if you have it cut you'll probably never grow it ultra-long again. Big decision!
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    trim it up if you want - but no cutting it! long hair is the best <3
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    trim it up if you want - but no cutting it! long hair is the best <3

**crushed**
  • kristy5711
    kristy5711 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Your hair is really beautiful. I wouldn't cut it if I had your pretty long blonde silky locks. But it's your hair. Your choice.