How many meals a day do you eat?

Options

Replies

• josepiiam
    Options
    It matters a whole lot when you eat your calories. One needs to maintain a steady blood sugar to keep metabolism as steady as possible.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    It matters a whole lot when you eat your calories. One needs to maintain a steady blood sugar to keep metabolism as steady as possible.

This is not true for everyone. The one thing I have learned here is that broad generalizations are very wrong! Everyone is unique, like a snowflake, if it works for you it may not work for me. You have to learn to listen to your own body, and research a lot of different info to find a combination that works for you. My only rule I live by is:

"Give it time"

Your not going to gain weight overnight. Your not going to lose weight overnight. No product, or routine, or eating plan is going to work overnight. I give anything I try at least ONE FULL MONTH before I decided if it is going to work for me. I also understand it may have to change as I drop the weight, and it is OK to adjust with it. After all it is a Life Style, not Short- term.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

sigh..first post = epic failure...

sorry, but meal timing and metabolism have nothing to do with each other...and eating six meals or three has a negligible impact on blood sugar levels...
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I feel like I just eat ALL day long... I basically snack until lunch, either snack some more or eat a light lunch, snack until dinner, eat a bigger dinner (most cals here), and snack one more time before bed.

Now that I typed all that out, I guess the short answer is- One or two meals with a ton of snacks through the day.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Two actual meals, and about four snacks.
  • ReddHott77
    ReddHott77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    3 meals and 1 snack usually
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    All depends if it is a weekday or weekend. Weekdays my eat is like clockwork5 to 6 meals, I work an office job so I graze while I am at my desk. My last "meal" of the day is generally around 8:30 or so. Weekends I tend to eat 3 to 4 meals.
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options
    3 main meals and up to 3 snacks, depending on how my day is.
  • fashionosack
    Options
    Breakfast to focus on nutrition, you can eat bread and milk, or eggs, you can eat the fruit. Chinese food supplement should focus on carbohydrates, and eat pasta or rice, eat dinner, light-based, and do not eat too late, otherwise it can not digest.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I used to eat 6-7 meals a day, and was constantly hungry.

since swapping to less meals, but bigger meals, I stay way more satisfied throughout the day and don't feel the need to snack or graze. I make sure my meals have plenty of protein and fat, as well as loads of vegies.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    5 meals + maybe snacks (around 2300 calories). starting at 5am and ending at 7pm rarely ever hungry.
    on the weekends it's more relaxed, but still atleast 4 meals.
    during the week at work it's like clockwork. 5am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm.

only cause i need to be asleep by 8:30pm/9pm to try to get atleast 4hrs of deep sleep and wake up around 5ish.. if i eat within an hour of bed i struggle to sleep even moreso then my normal very light sleep patterns.
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    Two. I have breakfast/lunch at around 12 as I find eating earlier in the day makes me hungry.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I eat 6 meals that I write down, but a lot of those break up into 2-3 sittings. If I have the time I eat every 1-3 hours (like in the office for example)
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Three...and then some snacking/grazing.

Personally I like having bigger meals for lunch and dinner...having 6 or 7 + small "meals" is just irritating to me and they resemble nothing remotely close to what I would actually consider a "meal"...it's like 6 or 7 + snacks throughout the day when I was doing that.

I guess it helps some people, but I always found it annoying and it's not necessary from a weight loss stand point...but if it helps with adherence then go for it.

Snap. I usually have 2-3 'proper meals' (sometimes skip breakfast if I'm on an early shift for work), and then 2 snacks.
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    Three...and then some snacking/grazing.

Personally I like having bigger meals for lunch and dinner...having 6 or 7 + small "meals" is just irritating to me and they resemble nothing remotely close to what I would actually consider a "meal"...it's like 6 or 7 + snacks throughout the day when I was doing that.

I guess it helps some people, but I always found it annoying and it's not necessary from a weight loss stand point...but if it helps with adherence then go for it.

Snap. I usually have 2-3 'proper meals' (sometimes skip breakfast if I'm on an early shift for work), and then 2 snacks.

I am the same, generally three meals a day and a few snacks if I feel the need although I have changed it slightly to build muscle at the moment. I kinda graze most of the morning, then have a big lunch, a snack in the afternoon and a big dinner.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I usually eat around 6 meals a day, but after pm snack I am still hungry, so I am going to experiment with 7 meals at 250 cals per meal, does any one else do this? What do you think ? I would really like to hear your suggestions. Last year I was recovering for an ED, but I am back on track

I have 4, breakfast and the last meal being the smallest. As long as I'm hitting my calorie goals, I'll ignore the hunger feeling as I know I've eaten what my body requires. Currently eating between 2600 and 3000 calories a day depending on what I've done.
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    2-3 meals a day, both meals after 12-1:00. Intermittent fasting is the shiz.

I may have a snack or two, it just depends on how many calories I have left for the day.
  • Shellerini
    Shellerini Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    5 meals plus snacks

*breakfast at 8am
    *fruit salad at 11am
    *lunch at 2pm
    *dinner at 5-6pm
    *supper at 9pm
    * fruits or snacks in between meals
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Usually the normal 3, with a midmorning, afternoon and evening snack.