Hey, y'all

Options
Nice to meet everyone. I'm looking forward to trying the site here out and hopefully making some new weight loss buddies! As you can see from my profile, I have a lot of health issues to deal with, but, even so, I still believe I CAN lose weight. It'll just be slow and definitely not easy, but well worth it. Good luck to you all with your weight loss.

Replies

• cherechere
    Options
    Hello :D
    So glad you joined
    I hope you reach your weight loss goals.
    If you need some encouragement, feel free the add me.
    GOOD LUCK
  • AngelSharum
    AngelSharum Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hey there and thank you for the welcome.
  • mkmatos
    Options
    I am new also, we can support each other. Welcome
  • papillon0128
    papillon0128 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I am fairly new to myfitnesspal and am finding this website to be a VERY beneficial tool to help me eat and live better. Welcome and good luck to you also !
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Good Luck everyone. You will definitely find friend here to help you on your journey x
  • jrkingery
    jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the new members!

I can say without a doubt that you have made a good decision in selecting MFP to help you along your weight loss journey. There are only a couple of things that you have to remember..

1) Be honest with yourself in your entries. It's no use trying to lie to yourself and leave out calories to make your daily total look better.

2) Seek the support of the community. Many of us have been through much of what you will go through along your journey. Plateaus, mystery weight gains, etc. Ask for help when you need it. In general this is a very helpful and non judgmental community.

3) You are not on a "diet", you are changing the way you eat for a lifetime. If you look at this as a way to lose that extra 10-100 lbs (I say 100 because that's my final goal) without fundamentally changing how and what you eat then you're just wasting your time. You may lose in the short term, but you won't keep it off unless you commit to developing better eating habits. Simply put, you got the way you are because of the foods you ate, just like I did when I finally decided it was time to drop the extra 100lbs I had put on over the past 20 years.

Diet is a four letter word.. I'm on a calorie budget and as such there are no "off limits" foods for me. I still eat many of the same foods I did before I started losing weight. It's more about portion control than denial. If I want to eat a piece of cheesecake then I do, and dutifully log it into MFP. I either make up for the extra calories through exercise or by cutting out a snack later in the day. In time you really won't want that cheesecake or bag of chips once you see the caloric impact and how much "real food" you can eat in it's place.

This ate least has been my experience over the last year of weight loss. Your mileage may vary.
  • Doddiellie
    Doddiellie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome,

I joined a couple of weeks back but have had a hellish time since to not been in the zone but now i'm back with my head in the zone. So good luck with your goals and we can do this together :smile:
  • AngelSharum
    Options
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! I started logging my food in today, now I just have to stick with it! I write it down in a notebook but I have to remember to come here and put it in as well.
  • AngelSharum
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!

I have quite a few health problems so I'm on a diet from my doctor. Unfortunately, I DO have to limit certain foods and all that jazz, at least right now. I'm finding MFP really fun so far!