To cut or not to cut?? your opinions please friends...

Options

Replies

• dbm037
    dbm037 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Cut it...Not short!! you can.have long hair without it being to your butt. It looks pretty and healthy but could use an update. My bf is over 40 and still sports her super long hair and I think it makes her face look older.
  • dianeb613
    dianeb613 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Random thought...brave or silly lol
    To cut or not to cut that is the question!?

96996e32-300a-42b7-adc5-8a9f5c7fe367_zpsb0d7db2b.jpg
    NO Way.

Your hair is GORGEOUS!! Take it from me, hair is the crowning glory for a woman. You can put it up and do so much with it.

Trim of course, but don't cut it. Actually you could take off 12 inches of it and it would be easier to maintain and still beautiful. Donate the hair that you cut. It looks so healthy.

Oh how I wish my hair looked like that again.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous. Just a trim.
  • bbubb1
    bbubb1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Trim but don't cut it!!!!
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Random thought...brave or silly lol
    To cut or not to cut that is the question!?

96996e32-300a-42b7-adc5-8a9f5c7fe367_zpsb0d7db2b.jpg

cousin it?
  • matcartmill
    matcartmill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Cut, but not a ridiculous amount. Maybe like 3-4 inches. Just a trim.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    trim it up if you want - but no cutting it! long hair is the best <3

**crushed**

relax princess I like super dark hair as well
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    trim it up if you want - but no cutting it! long hair is the best <3

**crushed**

relax princess I like super dark hair as well

Too late. Damage done
  • MJC360
    MJC360 Posts: 368
    Options
    You should get a mullet. Business in the front, party in the back...
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Cut 3-4 inches off. It's beautiful!
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    Donate that beautiful hair! My daughter did it and is growing her hair again for it. Its such a selfless cause. It would still leave you with length.

And to those that say long hair is better, because its easier, I disagree. I don't even own a brush! My hair is just made to be short though. I am pretty low maintenance, its perfect for my life!
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous. Speaking from experience I cut my hair short after it was that long in 2011. I loved the cut but when it started to grow out there was nothing I could with it. Then I went and did it again in August of this year. My hair grows too fast. If you had slow growing hair or you are able to maintain your short "do" the I say go for it. If your hair grows fast I'd keep it long. Another question would be how short are you thinking of going? Have you had it short before? Do you know of any places that curl up or won't lie flat when shirt? I found that problem when I cut mine short as well. Styling was a pain (and still is) a pain in the butt. So if you've had it shirt before and liked it I say go for a sexy sassy pixie. If you aren't sure and want it cut anyway, a nice mid length or shoulder length "bob". If you've not become hell bent on chopping off those beautiful locks, from it up a bit, maybe level it off and keep it. There's so many more styles to do with it long. I'm growing mine back out for sure. Based on how fast it grows, it should be your length again by next December.

I hope this helps in making your choice.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Donate that beautiful hair! My daughter did it and is growing her hair again for it. Its such a selfless cause. It would still leave you with length.

And to those that say long hair is better, because its easier, I disagree. I don't even own a brush! My hair is just made to be short though. I am pretty low maintenance, its perfect for my life!
    The easiest length of hair depends entirely upon the hair type. Really short hair like yours looks awesome and it's great that it's so easy for you! I bet it's naturally thick and a little wavy, isn't it? But my 2-3C curly hair required more effort to not look like an afro at that length than at my current waist length. Not that there's anything wrong with afros, they just don't look great on my round head.
  • ZombieGeezUs
    Options
    Leave that hair alone.
  • sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    Nooooo!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Cut 3-4 inches off. It's beautiful!

why bother? who would even notice 3 inches cut from 30 inches of hair?

NO Way.

Your hair is GORGEOUS!! Take it from me, hair is the crowning glory for a woman.....

It is? good to know
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Just go for a trim and layers !
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!

I had my hair cut two years ago and I still regret it. I wish I had my long locks back!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say cut and donate it to lock of love. I have long hair..not as long as yours and I'm going to donate come January. I wish my hair was as thick as yours!! Would definitely make more wigs/hairpieces!
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Cut it...but not super short. Too long hair drags you down!