Over 250 lbs...Looking To Make Friends

Options
Hi!
My name is Jessica, and here's what's going on for me right now.

I think a lot of us have been here before...you get motivated, even look into videos and workout equipment online...you go onto the websites, register, post a little and then...you forget. Or life comes in the way and those posts you made didn't really motivate you as much as you thought they would.

I think I've figured it out, now, though. I never really 'connected' or made friends with anyone on any of these forum websites. That's kind of what I'm looking for right now...To make friends and chat with people with similar goals and similar accountability standards.

A little bit about me:

I'm 21 and am recently married. I'm an assistant manager at a retailer in our local mall. I'm big into music of all sorts and love watching movies, reading, and playing games occasionally. I live in the North East (upstate NY) and right now it's very cold out...Running, or outdoor activities aren't really an option :P

Some "Favorites" :

Favorite Movie: Titanic
Favorite Game: Dead Island or Fallout New Vegas
Favorite Food: Mom's rice and beans
Favorite Song: Vienna, Billy Joel
Favorite Holiday: Christmas!

So there's a lot about me.

I'd love to meet some people on here! Let's try this again :)

Replies

• vvvalentines
    Options
    I'm Emily, I'm 5'4", around 280 lbs right now and trying to get gown to ~135.

I'll friend request you. It's always nice to have people with similar stats in the news feed.
  • paddgirl21
    paddgirl21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I live in upstate too (buffalo). I may be a bit older than you (32) but we do have similar goals. :-) Feel free to friend request me!
  • Eli716
    Eli716 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I was at 295.5 when I started in July, now I'm down to 237.5. Friends here helped make that possible for me. :)
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Friends make a big difference starting in June was my third attempt online through here and once with weight watchers. I've lost 40 starting at 250. You are welcome to friend request me. Few all get our ah ha moment
  • JessicaWhosit
    Options
    :) Glad to see my suspicions are correct about friends helping a lot. Do any of you use a chat client off of myfitnesspal like AIM or Skype? I find that messaging on forums can sometimes be clunky and that IM can be a much easier way to talk about a lot in a short time.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I was 238 pounds when I first started MFP, but now I'm about 163 pounds. But, I need friends as well.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the Introduce Yourself section? You may yield more eager results.
  • JessicaWhosit
    Options
    Thanks for the tip :O

I felt a little silly introducing myself because I'd been on here before. It was one of those, hmm...which should I do, decisions.
  • anemicroyalty10
    anemicroyalty10 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you, i need friends for this journey
  • JessicaWhosit
    Options
    I wish that this website had a live chat. I know a lot of other forum sites have this and I bet it would be a really active chat on this site. So many people all trying to be healthy and make friends.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options

I felt a little silly introducing myself because I'd been on here before. It was one of those, hmm...which should I do, decisions.

Ive introduced myself plenty of times. That's the perk of MFP, people forget easily...
  • JessicaWhosit
    Options

Ive introduced myself plenty of times. That's the perk of MFP, people forget easily...

Your tracker is awesome. Do you have any tips for what worked for you or what didn't? Like, things to avoid?

I stopped drinking soda in July which I'm super proud of myself for ( I was an avid mountain dew and cream soda fan) and have been drinking a lot more water and, while I haven't seen a lot of weight loss from that alone, my body feels better from it. My skin is a lot more hydrated and everything just feels better :)
    I'm trying to incorporate more positive changes.
  • AggieGirl0415
    Options
    I've tried this so many times too, and every time I've given up. Maybe you're right, maybe all I need is some friends.
    Feel free to add me! My name is Allison and I'm 19 years old. I'm ready to commit to this change for once!:smile:
  • urbanplum
    Options
    *waves*

I'm Adriana, 24 years old, and start weight is 245 pounds. I've been on again and off again with this weight loss business, and I really think I haven't committed because I haven't had a good support system. I was actually down to 160 pounds in 2009, but so many people called me "sick looking" and "anorexic" that I got ashamed and gained it all back, plus an extra 40 pounds. I need positive people in my life! I'll send a request to all of you that have replied!
  • tlaurenw
    Options
    Hi :) I'm Taylor! I weigh 228 and would love some friends! I'll send you a request :)
  • stefsc1
    stefsc1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm Stefani, 24, and engaged! I just joined the site and have a very, very large amount of weight to lose, so I'm looking for friends to lend support as well! I've tried losing weight on my own before, and I think the most I accomplished was a 12 pound loss. That has long since been buried under all my new weight. Anyone is welcome to add me, I would really appreciate it.
  • minmexmix160
    Options
    I just joined this week and have 87 pounds I would like to lose. I would love to add some supportive friends with similar goals.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You can also add me as a friend. :)
  • AproMunro
    Options
    Hi! I started at about 300, I am down to 280, and my goal is 150. Half my weight! I will be your buddy if you want to add me. I love Billy Joel.