i hate this feeling

Options
2»

Replies

• lighteningjeanne855
    Options

But Saturday was a new day, and I was good. I did not beat myself up for Thursday and Friday, because I know that I can get back into the swing of things with one good day. Also, even with 1,000 calories extra on Friday, I recognize that it takes 3500 to equal a pound in the long term. So two bad days still gives me less than 1 pound, once it has all settled, been digested, passed, and absorbed.
    ^^^^^^
    THIS!

If there are more holiday parties and/or family get-togethers in the next few weeks,
    DO research different strategies to prevent overeating.
    1. Eat a meal before you arrive.
    2. Bring a salad or a fruit platter to share..
    3. Put only a tablespoonful of a 'forbidden food' on your plate, and enjoy it!
    4. Ask for a take-home container.

Do your best to slough off other people's criticism;
    they don't know what you are enduring to become more healthy.

Best wishes!
  • ccolgrov
    Options
    In the same way if you ate healthy for one day it wouldn't make a drastic difference in your weight or lifestyle, neither will having a rough day! Just think about it. One or two days means nothing in comparison to 28 days of great, healthy eating. You're human, girl! You can't expect to NOT have a few rough days. Just remember you're long term goals and get on track tomorrow.
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I ate out today and went 1,000 cals over my target.

But the food was delicious and I view it as a reward for all my efforts over the past few weeks.

I haven't failed. I am living and enjoying myself with family and friends. Tomorrow I will get back to it :)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Drink some water and move on... I went over my daily limit by 600 calories. I am just going to go for a run so I don't feel like crap later on today.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    unfortunately I was unable to log what I ate as it was a restaurant with no indication on the calories

We eat out often, I search for whatever it was I ate and go with the closest thing, if the restaurant does not have listings of their nutritional information available. Better than not logging at all.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I don't get understand the whole idea of a "cheat" day. You can't cheat your way through losing weight, so why call it cheating? Cheating means you deceive yourself or trick yourself, when you really can't do that. Have an enjoyable day, eat what you like then pick back up and carry on.
  • Vickydt1
    Vickydt1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Whenever I go over my planned calories I make sure I incorporate some exercise to make up for it. Endorphins make you happy :-)
  • KatySW6588
    Options
    Hey,

I didn't read all the replies and I can't comment on them. But I know the feeling of guilt. When you've tried hard to work out and watch what you eat and take a step back it is hard. I think sometimes you need to stop and think about the amount of the things your eating. I find if I'm at a party or out I will reduce the amount I eat in order to help with the calorie intake and as a result don't feel quite as guilty! It's okay to feel like that particularly when you've been working hard and it's on your kind.

Don't let it get you down and don't let others get you down. If they don't understand that's fine but I appreciate where your coming from.

Xxx