Elf on the Shelf

2»

Replies

• The_Fat_Friend
    The_Fat_Friend Posts: 34 Member
    The best part of Elf on the Shelf is all the inappropriate pictures that are out there!

522522_468423509866062_1458128358_n1.jpg
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Yet another "must have" holiday purchase and ammunition in the mommy wars.

yup. all the momzillas on pinterest trying to out-do each other. :angry:
  • Mahihkan
    Mahihkan Posts: 162
    Creepiest thing this year... even though there's no actual resemblance, those creepy elves reminds me of the clown in the "Poltergeist" movie... Glad, I don't have one...

poltergeist-clown.jpg
  • Yea we don't do elf on the shelf. One, they are super creepy and the thought of something (no matter if it's real or not!) "watching" my children irks me, and I don't like that s/he "reports back to Santa". I've also felt it is this competitive thing between moms to create the biggest scenarios...and I'm just not into the whole mom-competition thing. We did start this year, however, doing "Kindness Elves" after a good friend of mine showed me the idea online.
    http://theimaginationtree.com/2013/11/alternative-elf-on-shelf-tradition-kindness-elf.html
    https://www.facebook.com/thekindnesselves

The posts about them do talk about a Christian God, and we aren't Christian, however we fell in love with this idea and are happy to be making it a tradition in our family.
  • Blessed9jaBeauty
    Blessed9jaBeauty Posts: 504 Member
    CAPTION: "How'd that ELF GET OFF THE SHELF!?! I'm getting out of here...:wink:

epic-win-photos-rugrat-win.gif
  • olehcat
    olehcat Posts: 92 Member
    Just...creepy!
  • Just saw this on Facebook:
    2uyltf5.jpg
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Here's a few that I've done so far.

17871687_809.jpg

17871687_5906.jpg

The only one of these the little one saw though was this one......
    17871687_1074.jpg
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    *bump cause I don't want the cheating spouse thread on top anymore. Good juicy soap opera but, it's getting old
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    About 24 hrs after watching that Elf on the Shelf Show on CBS, my 9 yr old goes: "I think that Elf on the Shelf is for people Santa doesn't trust. And that's why we don't have one, because he trusts us.".

Damn right kid, damn right.