Finally!!! 46lbs GONE!!!

Options
Crimson21
Crimson21 Posts: 148 Member
So I've been working on losing weight and getting fit for about a year now. I made several attempts in the past, but never had my whole heart in it. Christmas of 2012 is when I finally decided, enough is enough. I was at my heaviest weight, and felt like total crap. During that Christmas alone, I had actually gained about 10lbs in 2 weeks!!! Reality hit me during game night.

In our family, it's tradition to play games every night after Christmas for about a week or two. Well one game we played, that I still love to this day, was Quelf. My task was to play leap frog with my mom. I was horrified when I could barely jump over my mom, and got winded just from trying.

Now I was never an athlete, but I was a figure skater for 13 years. Not a good one, but I was still active enough. I quit in grade 10 due to an overly competitive coach. Since then, I just started to gain and gain. In university, I made an attempt during my second year to lose weight, but never got very far.

Then....I got into some trouble. I was naive and let myself be fooled by a guy, almost twice my age. A controlling, manipulative, cold hearted guy who turned my life upside down. I gained the majority of my weight in the 5 months we dated (probably around 20lbs). I was drinking 2L of pepsi a day and ate like my life depended on it. Thanks to my family and friends, I came to my senses and kicked him to the curb before anymore damage could be done.

About a year later, I met my current boyfriend. He's helped me through this process and supports me in every way possible. More importantly, he loves to take part in everything I do. Together, we go skiing, biking, hiking, swimming, and even run 5k races together. Thanks to him and my family, I'm on the right path to getting healthy, and couldn't be happier.

So far, I've lost 46lbs! I'm down from 179lbs to 133lbs, and still have about 13 to 15 lbs to go. I've gone down from a size 14 to a size 6/8, and my shirt size is down from a M/L to an XS/S! I've completed 4 months of P90X, a few months of Turbo Fire, and I also go to the gym at my work and routinely go outside for things like skiing or running. I eat healthy, but most importantly, I practice moderation. I don't limit myself, and sometimes indulge in chocolate, hamburgers, and beer. I do that, because I can. I do it because every once in a while, it's ok to have a treat.

These are my first weight loss pictures, and I couldn't be happier with my progress!!!!!!

Hopefully these pictures work!

11393003625_0247a873de.jpg
11393003685_e49a46bc8f.jpg

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!