85 lbs off since 2009

Options
I'm currently 17 years old, 5'5" tall and weighs 110 pounds. My weight is sometimes fluctuating plus-minus 3 from my current weight.

My ballooning began when I was in the first grade. I always bought food every break time in our school's canteen, and a snack of mine would normally consist of: 2 four-inch-squares of baked macaroni, 10 8-inch long cheese sticks with about half a cup of mayonnaise. I would also grab a bottle of Coke for refreshments. Now can you imagine how much I eat during lunch and dinner?

Breakfast was never a part of my diet before because I wake up really late and I do not have enough time to eat. Usually, I would have two cups of rice for lunch, about 3-4 cups of meat, and I never ate vegetables before. For dinner, I would have twice as much rice as I had for lunch, and half a chicken or about 400-500g of pork chops or beef. For snack, as I've said, I used have 2 four-inch-squares of baked macaroni, 10 8-inch long cheese sticks with about half a cup of mayonnaise. After dinner, I never allowed myself to have no midnight snack, so I eat pizza... about 4-5 slices of an 18-inch pepperoni pizza.

So this is my weight summary during grade school years:
First Grade: 80 lbs
Second Grade: 90 lbs
Third Grade: 100 lbs
Fourth Grade: 130 lbs
Fifth Grade: 155 lbs
Sixth Grade: 195 lbs

The photo shows me when I was in the fourth, fifth, and sixth grade respectively.
942156_3115545703994_1607974010_n.jpg

When I finished grade school, I finally decided to lose some weight. I never expected it to be so addicting. At first, my goal was to be 160 lbs but within the span of two months, I managed to lose 40 lbs, so I weighed 155 when I was a freshman in high school. What I did was simply cut my food intake. From 6-8 cups of rice a day, I reduced it to 2-3. I also reduced my meat intake to about 3-5oz a day and I started eating vegetables and stopped eating super heavy snacks. It felt great, really great.

When I stepped into the sophomore year, I started not eating rice and substituted whole wheat bread for it. I also started eating breakfast. For breakfast I had 3 slices of whole wheat bread, about 1oz of protein, a slice of cheese, and a hard-boiled egg. For lunch, I would have the same. And for dinner, I do not eat any carbohydrates. I ate more fruits and vegetables instead. By the end of sophomore year, I weighed 127 lbs.

Before junior year, I went to China for two months for a study tour. Impulsive eating there was inevitable because there are so much food I haven't tried like the milk tea, Chinese pancakes, UFO Instant noodles, matcha-flavored and strawberry-flavored Oreo wafers, red bean paste buns and many more. I had two large cups of milk tea a day, an order of the Chinese pancakes, 6 sticks of Oreo wafers, a cup of noodles, and about 6 buns. All those are for snacks. For breakfast, I only ate an egg. For lunch, I had a tons of vegetables and a cup of rice. And for dinner, I ate vegetables only. When I went home, I immediately weighed myself and I weighed 130 lbs. I was so shocked because I felt like a pig after my China trip and expected my weight to be like 150-160lbs.

During my junior year, I ate the same as when I was a sophomore but I had more snacks. I eat a lot of street food after school and by the end of the year, I weighed 135lbs.

The senior year was really stressful. I studied really hard to get into a nice college that I sometimes forget to have lunch and dinner. My weight then dropped to 125 lbs.

After high school, I started getting sports classes because I felt like my body is all fats and I got no muscles. I had badminton training with my friends for a month (Mondays to Fridays) and after that, my body got more fit and I weighed 117lbs.

College freshman +15/-15 happened to me but only the latter. After the first semester in college, I weighed 103lbs. I looked at my photos and I looked really ugly, dry, and old there. So I decided to stop losing weight and focus instead on getting healthy.

I am currently a college freshman on the second half of the semester. I now weigh 110lbs and I eat more now.

Here's my usual meal plan:

05:00 A.M. - 2 slices of whole wheat bread and a cup of hot green tea
09:30 A.M. - hard boiled egg or boiled sweet potato
12:00 P.M. - protein source and bread/rice
03:00 P.M. - cheat snack (I get to choose whichever I want)
06:30 P.M. - tons of veggies

I feel really fresh and healthy now

Here's my current photo:
1476119_3672012895326_751129626_n.jpg

Replies

• colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful, congratulations.:flowerforyou:
    The links to your pictures don't work, but I couldn't tell you how to fix them.
  • jeanbcheng
    Options
    already changed it! Thanks! @colortheworld! <3
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    already changed it! Thanks! @colortheworld! <3
    You look great!!!
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    phenomenal work!! I wish i had i had your good sense when i was that young. You look beautiful
  • jeanbcheng
    Options
    thanks!! :smile:
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Wow. You look incredible and I'm impressed by how sensible you were even being so young. Congrats!
  • 00NL
    00NL Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    what a cute kid you were.
    i am not promoting child obesity

and now you look amazing.
    just maintain it well
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    you should be so proud of yourself you look amazing and it is very hard to have the weight problems at that age but you have absolutley done the right thing and tackled now. goo on you and very well done
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful! Smart girl too :)
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    You look amazing !!! You look so much healthier and your just shining now !
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    You have done wonderfully! You look beautiful!
  • cynnamon93
    Options
    I'm impressed!
    You look fantastic and you've done a great job losing your weight and maintaining your current weight.
    wow :)
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - AMAZING!!
  • jeanbcheng
    Options
    thanks guys! :3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!