So everytime I exercise...

Options
I gain weight, which I am sure is water weight. But if I take off a week of exercising I lose about 2 pounds...they just fly off. And as soon as I start again, bam they are back. So which is my "true" weight. My weight after a week of light walking, etc. , or my weight after a week of daily 3 mile runs?

Replies

• sarolyna
    sarolyna Posts: 15
    Options
    I gain weight, which I am sure is water weight. But if I take off a week of exercising I lose about 2 pounds...they just fly off. And as soon as I start again, bam they are back. So which is my "true" weight. My weight after a week of light walking, etc. , or my weight after a week of daily 3 mile runs?
  • sarolyna
    sarolyna Posts: 15
    Options
    no one knows? :(
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from. I find that when I don't exercise I lose weight faithfully every week. When I do exercise, I don't lose at all. I always thought it was a muscle thing, as muscle weighs more than fat. I wouldn't want to attempt to lose any weight without the exercise, though.....I don't want to be thin and flabby. Hope this helps!!!!! :ohwell:
  • country
    country Posts: 57
    Options
    I am in the same boat, shedding the inches off but my weight isn’t changing. So needless to say I am a bit frustrated. I have often wondered if I just stuck to my allowed calories and didn’t exercise if I would loose weight but I haven’t tried it yet. At some point there has to be a break, I don’t want to be this weight forever!
  • hoolihan
    hoolihan Posts: 27
    Options
    Instead of watching the scale, try measuring your inches: bust, upper arms, waist, hip, and thigh areas. Make sure to measure loss in inches as well as lbs. Everyones body is different but if you're on the right plan, you will lose. Sometimes changes are more noticable in inches.
    When you work out, fluids surround your muscle tissues and general fluid volumes can increase. If you are drinking enough water before, durring, and, after your workouts (plus all day long) water retention shouldn't really be a problem. Try drinking your water with lemon as it is a natural dieuretic.
    Another note, you said that "when you work out" and then "when you don't". This might be the route of the problem. You can "yo-yo" your exercise just as you can "yo-yo" your diet. Remember that consistancy is key. Stick with a regular routine straight through till your goal and you'll make it!

Good luck!