Same time everyday I have an energy dive... :(

So everyday at 1pm I crash! Whether I drink black coffee that day or not. I eat all the right foods and I work out 6 days a week. Is that normal? I tend to nap almost everyday at 1pm because of this but wanted to know if this is normal and if other people are experiencing this as well.
Thanx for listening!

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    normal for you means normal
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Yeah, I guess it sounds normal enough... but do you get enough sleep? Does it happen after lunch? After a workout?
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Mine usually happens around 2:00 -2:30. I would take a nap if I could :yawn:
  • _rachel_k
    _rachel_k Posts: 243 Member
    I know how you feel. My crash starts around 3 and gets worse when I get home, to the point where I wish I could accidentally fall asleep on the couch to avoid working out.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Me too. Every day.230pm on the dot. Usually I will get up from my desk and move around which seems to help, and it doesn't happen on the weekends when I am more active. I would say perhaps it is related to activity level? But bumping for other input.
  • benniesmother
    benniesmother Posts: 269 Member
    about 1:45 pm every day. it doesn't matter what amount of sleep I get, what kind of food I eat (although it doesn't HELP if I have crap, which is why I started eating healthy in the first place), if I have caffeine or not. I ALWAYS crash in the afternoon and feel like a zombie for a good part of the rest of the day.
  • ummommyme
    ummommyme Posts: 362 Member
    My mom always called It mid afternoon biorhythm plunge. Don't know if it's real or not, I never really looked it up. Maybe I will. I'm just tired all the dang time:(
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I get one around 2-3 pm and they seem to be worse when I'm cutting my calories. I find that if I eat a larger lunch or keep something small to snack on around that time then I'm better.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Sugar crash? I get tired around 3, grab my afternoon snack and a herbal tea then I'm good until bedtime. :)
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    3pm for me everyday. I grab a diet coke and a granola bar and get back to work!
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Maybe you are not eating enough? I took a look at your diary (just a few days) and it seems as if you net less than 1000 calories per day on a regular basis. I'm not sure but this may play a role. I wish you the best. :-)
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    I always get tired right around now (2:30-3P). I think it's just about the time I finish most my projects and I have nothing to focus on. Whoever said you didn't need nap time after kindergarten is not a nice person.
  • Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Maybe you are not eating enough? I took a look at your diary (just a few days) and it seems as if you net less than 1000 calories per day on a regular basis. I'm not sure but this may play a role. I wish you the best. :-)

I know it seems low, But I've noticed since I've cut our all sugars from my diet and eat much more healthier than I used too that its hard to eat enough calories in a day even though I eat a lot more.
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Mine happens at 3 every afternoon and I have been napping a lot lately. If I can't nap, I make some coffee and have a small snack.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    3pm every day. I can set my watch by it.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    I used to crash every afternoon. Once I cleaned up my diet and eat mostly whole foods, I have energy all day long, no crashes.