Obligatory Introductory Post

Options
Hey all,

I'm new to this whole eating healthy and trying to lose weight thing. I'm a freshman at university, fighting the freshman fifty and trying to get in shape. I'm away from the influence of my parents who don't eat as healthy as they should, and eat way too much. I'd like to break that habit and start eating healthier while I have the chance. I'd also like to get in shape to be able to play lacrosse, hockey and run again. I actually don't know how much I weigh exactly because of the lack of a scale.
I'm excited to start though :)

Replies

• fit_nyc
    Options
    Welcome! It can be difficult to keep the pounds off in college, but I think you've found the right group. Good luck and I hope to see you reach your goals.

Jay
  • xarrium
    xarrium Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hello! I totally understand the "freedom from parents" thing... it's a lot easier to eat well if *you* make the choices and *you* stock the fridge/pantry. I also don't have a scale at my place... but the gym has one, so there's one more reason for me to get my butt to the gym. (Really, though, inches are always a better indicator of fat loss than the scale, so I'd suggest getting a cheap tape measure to track your progress.)

Welcome to MFP and have fun at uni!!