skinnytaste

Options
i need to start cooking i found the skinnytaste website but there so many recipes. can you recommend one for me to make this week? thanks

Replies

• Sully16
    Sully16 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of skinnytaste. I love the baked broccoli mac n cheese, grilled pesto shrimp skewers, no bean turkey and sweet potato chili, butternut squash and spinach lasagna rolls.....I could just go on and on.

The only recipe that didn't come out the best for me on the site was the crock pot santa fe chicken. It wasn't bad flavor, it was just too watery for me.
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Really Sully? I loved the Sante Fe chicken!

I made the chicken and lentil soup just yesterday, it was excellent. My favorite recipe is the Italian turkey meatballs and marinara. Delish!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I love their spinach lasagna rolls. I use just 8 oz of sauce though (everything else the same as their recipe) and it works out wonderfully. I have no clue why that recipe calls for 32 oz of sauce. It seems like even 16 oz would be a bit too much to me.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i have never had anything from there that wasn't good. I use them A LOT!! i loved the zucchini boats....she has a couple kinds. I made a yummy blueberry banana oatmeal bake from there too. I've made her pernil and her version of pad thai. she is amazing!!!!
  • carinaut
    carinaut Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    stuffed pepper soup!!!!
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love the Santa Fe chicken, actually! I know someone said it wasn't their favorite, but I have made it a couple times for a lot of people and everyone seemed to like it.

I also really like the baked pasta with spinach and italian sausage. Very tasty.

Honestly, almost everything I've made has turned out well, I recommend her website to everyone!
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Another awesome website is emilybites.com!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    i have made probably ten dishes from that site and have loved them all. just find one that sounds good to you
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    stuffed pepper soup!!!!

YES
  • alexandriax03
    alexandriax03 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Things I've made and liked:
    -stuffed pepper soup
    -crockpot taco chili chicken
    -crockpot minestrone (I added chicken to it)
    -bake chicken nuggets
    -baked mozzarella sticks
    -mushroom risotto
    -asparagus risotto
    -crockpot tomato soup
    -sweet potato turkey shepards pie
    -cheese and garlic biscuits
    -tomato & zucchini scones
    -spinach lasagna rolls
    -the red sauce on her site

Didn't like:
    -picante chicken and black bean soup
    -chicken pot pie soup

I used her turkey noodle soup recipe as a go-by for my own.
    I've used a few of her other recipes as go bys - like the frittats and some other breakfast ones.

I've made her mini cheesecakes and my coworkers liked them (I didn't but I'm not a huge cheesecake person)

ETA: I made two of her skewer recipes this summer, I wasn't a fan. It was the chicken pesto/tomato thing and the salmon/oregano/lemon thing.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    You really can't go wrong with any of the recipes! The ones I make the most are the turkey chili taco soup and the broiled garlic tilapia!
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    All of the things! I love the buffalo turkey burgers (though I don't make the slaw) and the kid friendly crock pot turkey chili (which I make less kid friendly and add black beans).
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Love skinnytaste. Try the Baked Chicken Parmesan. My wife really digs the chicken with mushrooms. As mentioned above, the crock pot Santa Fe chicken also rocks. I actually have yet to make anything from that website and be disappointed, and I have adapted quite a few of her recipes.

Rigger
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I've done the chocolate raspberry cheesecake and the low fat banana nut bread. Both were really good (especially the bread).
  • KatieWH
    KatieWH Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    stuffed pepper soup!!!!

YES

This. Had it this week and was delicious! Will definitely be a repeat. Also a big fan of the baked spaghetti squash with cheese. I put double or triple the spinach it calls for. Yum!
  • Leepmom
    Leepmom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    In the past week I've made the Sausage and Farro Stuffed Acorn Squash and the Cranberry Bliss Bars. Both were phenomenal! In fact then kids are requesting th squash again this week. I'm also going to make the bars with dark chocolate and dried Cherries!
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Everything I've made off Gina's site is AWESOME!!! I would maybe start with a chicken recipe. I LOVE the jalapeno popper stuffed chicken (this is a little more entailed and will take time, but totally worth it) and the honey sesame crockpot chicken (plus it's a crockpot recipe so it's oober easy!) Just pick one, you won't be disappointed! :happy:
  • kalyrichmond
    kalyrichmond Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love her site!!! I haven't been disappointed yet with her recipes. Here's a link to one of my favorites:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/06/crock-pot-kalua-pork.html