If every day were like today You'd weigh *** lbs in 5 weeks

Options
2»

Replies

• annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Nope, generally not been accurate for me, but oh well. It kind of annoys me that it's there because it feels a bit like it's setting up false expectations of how much can be lost. Also doesn't take into account those who are closer to goal and the inevitable plateau!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    If every day were like today... You'd weigh *** lbs in 5 weeks - How accurate has this been for you guys? I havent been able to break into the lower digits yet... Just curious...

It's pretty close for me. But I am very consistent at hitting my calories and macros and exercise goals.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Of course all my days are different so...... No

But it's fun
  • camperbc
    camperbc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Of course it is accurate... but only if you continued consuming the same amount of calories, and continued with the same amount of exercise. I have been tracking mine for the past 11 weeks and it is almost spot on.
  • Karenk1010
    Karenk1010 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's never been right for me. As a person with over 100 lbs to lose who sticks to a pretty firm low cal diet (and doesn't over do the carbs and fat) I probably *should* be losing at the rate stated, but I dont. I'm slow with weeks of plateaus here and there. Which makes me really HATE that *** lbs in 5 weeks thing. Feels like it's saying I"m a failure. But I'm not.
    If I dont give up, I can get there, yes? It just might be a longer journey than MFP thinks even if every day IS like today! :)
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    if everyday were like today youd weigh ? lbs in 5 wks?
    I would be down 20 lbs less and it kinda sucks I am not there yet.
    But in time maybe I will get there.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    It's never been right for me. As a person with over 100 lbs to lose who sticks to a pretty firm low cal diet (and doesn't over do the carbs and fat) I probably *should* be losing at the rate stated, but I dont.

Think of it as early warning radar. The more someone needs to lose, the looser the tracking needs to be - what looks like "slower than should be" early in the process can quickly become an outright stall and 14 panicked threads on MFP.

Not saying "is", just saying "could be"....