Born in NY but lived in Florida most of my life
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    East Coast-:flowerforyou: NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Born in Alabama, lived in Georgia, Ohio, Maryland, Virginia, Philippines, and back to Ohio. Fell in love and reckon will be here for a while! Love seeing all the different home places!
  • Vrhosmer
    Options
    Ohio snowbelt
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Washington State
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    Mississippi born and bred. However, I'm tired of living here. I bet if I moved though I would greatly miss it. "Grass is always greener..."
  • rokikio
    Options
    Santa Rosa, California (beautiful Wine Country heaven)
  • Nicolletta
    Options
    Born in CA

Have lived in NY, LA, MO, KY, PA, TN

Currently living in DC

lol I assume these are all in America? I have no idea but guess NY is New York? And LA is Los Angeles? as to the others..please explain :flowerforyou:

Yup, these are in America.

CA-California
    NY-New York
    LA-Louisiana
    MO-Missouri
    KY-Kentucky
    PA-Pennsylvania
    TN-Tennessee
    DC-Washington, District of Columbia or just Washington, DC

Hope that makes more sense. :tongue:
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    lived in Long Beach California :love: :heart:

Moved to Sin City Vegas at 17 yrs old.

Still here in Vegas, Nevada. :ohwell:
  • alska
    alska Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    i'm from ohio, but been living in cali the for the past 8 years :)
  • Neuroticwench
    Neuroticwench Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bismarck, North Dakota, USA! :happy:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    If I have to be familiar with all 50 states, naming a province (if necessary i.e. if you are from Thunder Bay or something small or more isolated like that) should be fine for everyone else on MFP since none of the Americans wrote "Columbus, USA" for example.
    I'd bet many Americans (and I'd venture to say most) can't name all 50 states, let alone the 13 provinces and territories of Canada ;) I can only remember 10 total.

I think most people would know, say, New Brunswick for example, as a Canadian province, though, even if they couldn't locate it specifically. But some would might guess it as being in England or something.

As per the US users typically not posting their country, It seems that on this board we're most prominent, and I think that Americans assume we are on any board. Usually we are, too, I think.

Lastly ...

CA - California
    NY - New York
    LA - Louisiana (potentially it could be LA, but given that she only listed the states of residence in the other instance, it makes sense to follow the trend)
    MO - Missouri
    KY - Kentucky
    PA - Pennsylvania
    TN - Tennessee
    DC - District of Columbia (but you probably knew that one already, too, haha)

I had no idea that these are all states, I don't actually know most of the states and only know of famous ones. I did not know abour District of Colombia? Why would I? I thought Colombia was a country in South America where they grow coffee? I had no Idea it was a place in America as well.

We didn't learn the various different states in geography. Just where America is, on the left side of the map :-)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    If I have to be familiar with all 50 states, naming a province (if necessary i.e. if you are from Thunder Bay or something small or more isolated like that) should be fine for everyone else on MFP since none of the Americans wrote "Columbus, USA" for example.
    I'd bet many Americans (and I'd venture to say most) can't name all 50 states, let alone the 13 provinces and territories of Canada ;) I can only remember 10 total.

I think most people would know, say, New Brunswick for example, as a Canadian province, though, even if they couldn't locate it specifically. But some would might guess it as being in England or something.

As per the US users typically not posting their country, It seems that on this board we're most prominent, and I think that Americans assume we are on any board. Usually we are, too, I think.

Lastly ...

CA - California
    NY - New York
    LA - Louisiana (potentially it could be LA, but given that she only listed the states of residence in the other instance, it makes sense to follow the trend)
    MO - Missouri
    KY - Kentucky
    PA - Pennsylvania
    TN - Tennessee
    DC - District of Columbia (but you probably knew that one already, too, haha)

I had no idea that these are all states, I don't actually know most of the states and only know of famous ones. I did not know abour District of Colombia? Why would I? I thought Colombia was a country in South America where they grow coffee? I had no Idea it was a place in America as well.

We didn't learn the various different states in geography. Just where America is, on the left side of the map :-)

Reckon I never thought of it that way! Now I need to go check out some geography, yuck!
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options

District of Columbia is the nation's capitol. A.k.a Washington D.C. (Although it's not in the state of Washington) It doesn't make much sense, I know.
  • Carol_can_do_it
    Options
    Ulster County, New York is my current location, but I have lived in Massachusetts, Missouri, Kansas, California, and Maine in the US.
  • tlk105
    Options
    Born, raised and still living in Springfield, Ohio.
    :flowerforyou:
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm from a very, very small town in Southeastern KY. =)
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Dublin, Ireland.
  • lauramorris85
    Options
    I'm originally from North East Texas (Henderson which is near Longview/Tyler for you Texans out there) but I'm currently living in Stephenville Texas (South West of Fort Worth) going to college